U

Tuesday, October 15th, 2024 1:06 PM

xfinity mobile data usage due to outage

I have xfinity for my home internet service as well as xfinity mobile - I'm in the outage area in Augusta, GA, and my mobile service has not been great at my home - slow loading speeds, videos won't load, etc. For a while I didn't have any cell service at all, but as I'm waiting on my home service to be restored, my xfinity data usage is my only means of communication and entertainment for the past 2+ weeks. I just got a notice that xfinity is going to slow down my data service - can I get a little consideration since I'm in a disaster area and the home wireless I would normally use is out of commission, probably for at least another week? I can't get any help via support chatting or support lines.

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

11 hours ago

For 25 years comcast has deserted us during a hurricane by providing a tv screen message that says"tighten cables" or "asap" which appears as a restoration time estimation. there are no humans to talk to on the phone or to ask a question or just give reassurance to customers or God forbid an actual restoration time window. We sit with no information when it is so easy to do something which would actually help the customer. Having no reps to ask questions or no information posted anywhere that means anything specific, or any message just telling us that repair is moving along. Anything but forcing customers to go without any information. you could do blast emails or texts which can be accessed during hurricanes for streaming etc. Comcast unlike FPL and all Municipal depts. has no committment to the customer as evidenced by this latest milton hurricane.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

maxie Thank you for your feedback and we hope you and your loved ones are safe after everything that has taken place. We have crews working around the clock to restore service as fast as possible. Due to the high amount of damage that has taken place there is no way to give an accurate restoral time. For more information about the service work being done in your area we have these services:

Visiting the Florida Region’s blog.
Using the Xfinity app.
Chatting with us through Xfinity Assistant.
Visiting the Status Center at xfinity.com/outage.
Calling us at 1-800-XFINITY.

We appreciate your loyalty and extreme patience while you and many others wait for your entertainment/business service to be restored. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

815 Messages

11 hours ago

Good Morning, user_8rcaso! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Xfinity Forums. I do hope you and your family are safe. I am very sorry to hear about the connectivity. At this time, we are unable to change the slower connectivity with the cellular data. Our teams are working as quickly as possible to restore the services in the surrounding areas of Augusta. We would recommend following along here https://south.comcast.com/2024/10/09/augusta-network-restoration-timeline/ for the timeline to restore the services. Please let us know if you have any other questions/concerns, we are happy to help. 

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

@XfinityAdrienne​ I know I just told you for 25 years Comcast never gave customers anything but ASAP or tighten cables or nothing. These folks are cold heartless morons

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here