U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, May 21st, 2024 4:14 PM

Xfinity has the wrong modem listed as my modem. I have Arris sbg10 you have it listed at Motorola sbg1000

I have had this modem for over a year with no issues and the exact same internet plan. I have done no changes to anything. Over the past month I have been having connection issues. I have been on the phone trying to solve my connection issues this morning and was told my modem is not compatible with my plan of 300 download speed. I was told that my modem is a motorola, which it is not. I logged into my account and you have it listed as a ARRIS SBG1000 Motorola SBG1000 wireless cable modem gateway.

That is not what I have.

There are other posts on this forum running into the same problems and there is no solution listed.

sbg10 is listed as an approved modem according to your guidelines listed on the "my device info"

How do i get this fixed?

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

25 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

25 days ago

Hello, how are you doing today @user_4de87f? Hopefully, your week is off to a good start! Our team will help you get this modem issue ironed out. We're here for you. After a quick search these two modems do seem different, so we can start by updating your modem information in our system. We will need to work in a direct message to get this done. You can use the Direct Messaging icon at the top of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." It's next to the bell icon on the right side of the page. 

Once we locate your account we can send you a verification message and make this change to your equipment.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

25 days ago

We are glad to take a look at this for you @user_4de87f.  So that we can get started, please feel free to shoot us a private message with your account details.  That way we can take a look at what went on. 

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

25 days ago

I will dm you but I spent over 4 hours today trying to get this fixed to no avail. I was disconnected multiple times in chat, transfered to others without me being told I was going to be transfered. And at the end of all of this instead of fixing the problem, I now have 2 of the wrong modems listed as "My Equipment".

The 1st image is when I started and the 2nd image is now after all the attempts to fix the issues.

for the record I have a Arris SBG10 not a sbg1000....

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here