U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jun 2, 2022 11:02 PM

Xb8

And like everyone else in here, I did ordered an XB8 2 weeks ago and I was told to go the nearest store to get it otherwise I’ll be charge a delivery fee, I went to the store and they told me that the XB8 is by delivery only! So here we go again, I did call back place the damned order and guess what! I did get another XB7!! After ID been in the phone for another 1:47minutes I was able to get another order for the famous XB8 ! We'll see when it show up !!

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 m ago

Do what I did. I filed a complaint with both the BBB and our state AG's office. include your screenshots as I did. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 m ago

I promise you won't get an XB8, I ordered online, got a 7. When I activated I asked because it looked the same...even said 7, gave them the Mac address and she said, yes you have an XB8. How many people are being duped thinking they have this super fast service? I have screenshots. I even begged them..please don't ship if you don't have it...what did I get the next day...you guessed it.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

18 d ago

Exactly. I placed two orders over the phone for the XB8 back in April and got 2 XB7 gateways instead. No Xfinity stores in Southern NJ have the new gateway and I was told by each store that they do not plan to get them until September. I was told at one of the stores that by the end of June you should be able to order one by calling. Color be skeptical. What a total disaster this rollout has been. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

@DoubleNicks​ 

The XB7 is called CGM4331COM

The XB8 is called CGM4931COM 

Main differences are wifi 6 vs wifi 6E. Plus the XB8 allows more devices to connect to the modem.  The top of the XB8 has more of a curve to it. 

When I opened my order last week, I looked at what they sent me compared to what I had and instantly knew it wasn't an XB8.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same thing with me. Ordered XB8T 4 days later got XB7T. Called support and they promised a XB8T. Another 4 to 5 days wait.

Official Employee

• 

173 Messages

We understand the excitement for the new XB8 and assure you that we're working to send out more when possible, @user_1ed40a. Our stock for the new Gateway is very limited and it is in major demand so it may take some time to send one out. You can read up and see the difference between the models here https://comca.st/3xTpXqO

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here