ventruejusticar's profile

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

Tuesday, February 1st, 2022 2:15 PM

Closed

X1 Main DVR Box Model AX013ANM Error RDK-03030

I have been using the Xfinity app to troubleshoot.  I have checked and tightened the cable coming into the house and to the splitter and then to the X1 box and they're all good.  I have physically unplugged the box 3-4 times to reboot it and I have used the app to restart the box 2-3 times.  Once it said it sent the signal and the box immediately restarted but the other time nothing happened.  The box seems to come in and go out of connectivity to the system.  I have not been able to do a System Refresh.  It says because my main TV box is offline.  Other TV boxes are fine.

Not sure if there's widespread issues but the iOS app sometimes reports 500 Error something went wrong, try refreshing your browser when I've been troubleshooting the box.  Just now I couldn't log in to the forums because of an error.  Internet connectivity thru my phone and PC seem fine today.  Have not checked the phone service.

No reported outages in the area.

After showing the RDK-03030 for about 3-5 mins the box will go back to the Welcome connecting to your entertainment experience screen automatically with the three flashing dots with a number faintly at the bottom right corner alphanumeric like this xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Later RDK-03004 and RDK-03009 appeared.  I finally got the System Refresh Started to appear on the app.

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@ventruejusticar 

**Update**

This issue has been resolved. If you are still experiencing an issue, please start by unplugging your television box for 1 minute and then plug it back int. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

**Original Message**

We’re aware of an issue disrupting some customers’ Xfinity TV services and are working as quickly as possible to restore them. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Your services should be fixed automatically as soon as the issue is clear. Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

(edited)

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @ventruejusticar. Thank you for completing the steps that you have so far. Based on the errors you're getting this sounds like you may have a connection issue to the internet.

For the other errors towards the bottom of your post, those can usually be fixed by just resetting the box by unplugging the power cord and waiting 30 seconds then plugging it back in. However for the main error, that is an internet issue. Have you restarted the modem at all during this time in case that was a related issue? I know you didn't notice an internet issue, but it is a step you can complete. 

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

3 years ago

I restarted the Home Gateway or modem/router and that seemed to fix the X1.  I honestly never considered the modem/router to have any affect on the X1.  Tell me, what relationship do the two have?  I thought the X1 had its own separate ability to connect to the Internet and I thought the X1 could function just fine say if I had completely removed the modem/router and dropped Internet service as well.  I assume some customers have TV service thru an X1 without any Internet service using a modem/router, correct?  Just curious.  Thanks for the help and we'll be standing by if any further issues arise.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@ventruejusticar Great questions! X1 requires our customers to have our internet service in order to function. This is how you have access to all the fun features and abilities our cable boxes offer. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

3 years ago

Then how do the people who don't have or want Internet service get cable TV service from Comcast?  I thought everyone with modern cable TV equipment had X1.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

3 years ago

By the way, maybe my particular issue today doesn't occur too much but I would suggest that restarting the modem/router be included in the troubleshooting steps for X1.  Is it there and I just missed it?  Instead, it seems, I was just continually going thru the same troubleshooting steps of restarting cable tv boxes and then a system refresh, in addition to other things, which I could have done a hundred times without success, and yet, merely rebooting the modem took 2-3 minutes and seemingly fixed the problem.

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

We have our legacy service which uses modern equipment to operate, but obviously does not include all the X1 benefits. Based on what the issue may be, and what option is selected, will drive the steps for troubleshooting. Some TV troubleshooting steps will advise a reboot of internet equipment. I have seen it early in the steps, and I have seen it later, but it would not be uncommon for it to not happen. We are always looking to improve our process, and your feedback is important. I will take note, and pass it along. How is everything working for you now? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

53 Messages

Everything is running perfectly, thanks.

My goal and y'all goal is to provide the best, most efficient automated self-help for customers when we experience issues so that we minimize wasting the customer's time and wasting the employee's time resolving the problems.  I've been with Comcast for nearly 10 years now continuously and I know issues are inevitable and they aren't always anyone's fault so ideally I'd have all the knowledge to fix my own problems without ever having to contact y'all.  Courtesy of today's experience I've got one more thing to try in the future should issues arise again, before having to contact support.  Thanks again and stay safe.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

X1 Main DVR Box Model AX013ANM Error RDK-03003

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here