ereid2063's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, June 20th, 2023 5:21 PM

Closed

Why were we not notified of a planned outage?

It's now hour four of our outage - I spoke with the Xfinity employees on site, and they tell me this has been planned for weeks. All of us who work from home in the neighborhood were NOT informed in advance, and we're all losing most of our work day productivity. This is unacceptable.

How do I go about getting a credit on my bill for this downtime, and how can we prevent this unfortunate situation from occurring again?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@ereid2063  Hi! I can understand the frustration and we always want to notify when we can on interruptions. This interruption is 100 percent unplanned and those show in the app once it is confirmed. We are working on real-time text system to registered numbers for unplanned interruptions and hope to fully launch that in the next year. We can keep eye on this and follow up about a bill adjustment. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I'm sorry, but you are mistaken, the Xfinity workers on-site inform me this was a planned outage in our neighborhood. They are burying lines for a new house. 

Again, I pose the same -- and still unanswered -- questions:

1) How do I go about getting a credit on my bill for this downtime
  2) How can we prevent this unfortunate situation with planned outage from occurring again?

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@ereid2063
1) I mentioned the bill adjustment above. What I meant is we will follow up with you here and adjust the bill.

2) It is not a planned interruption at this time. It was earlier, but something happened and went long. That means it is officially unplanned at this time(shows as unplanned in system). There is nothing that can be done to be notified until we have a system in place for all areas for all situations.

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Recognized Contributor

• 

238 Messages

I wanted to see how your services are working at this point. I also wanted to give you the link to our Xfinity Status Center  where you can put in for a credit after an interruption. You can check for eligibility under you equipment. 

I am also here to help.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message
Let me know if you have any questions.

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Thank you for this. Service was restored, but another outage just occurred, likely from the same work. Again, we were not notified in advance, and my workday is now impacted.

I will be logging all outages and applying for credit for the time lost.

Official Employee

• 

490 Messages

We understand and thank you. Use the Status page to do so, and send a DM if you have anything else. We'll be ready to help. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

10 months ago

I never get notified when they do these planned outages. I find out during the outage. Does Xfinity really care? I have a meeting in an hour and the outage started an hour ago. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello @Comcazt_driving_me_cray, and thanks for reaching out about a service interruption concern. I would be happy to take a look at the account, and see what is going on for you. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here