ChavLee78's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, September 4th, 2023 5:04 PM

Closed

Why did Xfinity cancel my confirmed appointment formed

I have been having intermittent outages. Someone came out a few weeks ago. Could not find issue and when they arrived internet was working. Now it is happening again. I have done everything that I was directed to do by the chat bot. Tightened, reset, etc. Still happening. Had a confirmed appointment for 9/5 and received a text today that it was cancelled, no reason given. Why was it Cancelled?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @ChavLee78 Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message: 

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon 
  2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)
  4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

1 year ago

You're welcome. We want to help in any way we can, and I'm happy to hear you were able to reschedule the appointment. 

I like to let customers know three things for the tech visit:
 1) Someone over the age of 18 years old must be present for the entire appointment.
 2) All pets must be contained for the safety of the pet and the tech.
 3) Devices have to be easily accessible and not behind heavy furniture. 
Oh, and we do a pre-call the day before to confirm the technician visit. You may even receive a call from the technician on the day of the appointment, and sometimes we do not show up as Comcast on caller ID.

We have a convenient tool included in the My Account app that will allow you to view date and time of appointment, reschedule or cancel repair appointments and even be notified of the technician's estimated time of arrival. I love it because I can check my account balance and troubleshoot service issues all in one convenient place.  If for whatever reason you are unable to keep the appointment, it can be rescheduled via the My Account app or by logging into the https://comca.st/2I8Mp6p site. 

We're committed to delivering the amazing entertainment and services you rely on today, and the new experiences you'll love down the road.

While we're checking on your account, do you have any other concerns I can help with?

1 Message

1 year ago

Going through the same problem with them canceling 2 appointments in a row with no explanation 

This comment has been converted into a post

1 Message

11 months ago

Same is happening to me, twice in a row. This last time I literally had to yell at the CSR "DO NOT CANCEL MY APPOINTMENT AGAIN" because she kept insisting it appeared to be working "on her end". Yes, it does, because it's an intermittent failure. This has been going on since July. I'm THIS close to canceling and going with slower service from AT&T.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey there @user_go6kfp this sure does sound frustrating, and we apologize for the experience.  We'd love to work and walk with you up to, during, and after to ensure this intermittent issue is resolved once and for all.  Is this affecting Tv/Internet/home phone? What self-troubleshooting and official troubleshooting have you already done? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@user_go6kfp​ They are doing the same to me. They called me yesterday because service seemed to be working but I didnt answer cuz I was at work. I was able to call back within 5 min and the appt slot was already filled. The agent on the phone made a note saying "Do not cancel appt, customer has already confirmed they need appoinment". They called me again today saying the service was working, and asked if I would like to cancel. I said "No", explained everything again. She made a note. I literally got a call 30 min later saying the EXACT SAME THING! I asked if they didn't see the note. They didn't have a clear answer for me. Not sure if they will keep calling me every 30 min or not. But at this point, if I don't answer I risk having my appointment cancelled. So I guess I have to repeat myself every time they call because clearly there is no communication between technicians. This is the worst customer service and internet service I have ever had with any internet provider. I wish I had the option to change providers becuase I would have dropped xfinity weeks ago. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_zl6olz, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. A lot of times our team can be working on things and have found a solution to the issue in your area. This is when we will reach out to see if things have improved and if we can cancel the tech visit. I realize this was not the case for you. I would be happy to take a look and see what we can do to get you set back up with an appointment. Please send us a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here