T

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 20th, 2022 1:46 PM

Closed

Why can't I change my plan online?

I need to change my plan but can't see any options online. I get an error message. Is it purposefully designed this way to force me to speak to a sales rep who will give me the runaround?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @teron680. I hope you're having an amazing Friday morning so far. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues finding a new plan for your account. I'd love the opportunity to help find the best promotion available in your area.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@XfinityRaul​  I did ... waiting for a reply.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I've been trying for months and I keep getting the error message also. This forum is filled with people experiencing the same issue. I do think they are forcing us to interact with their sales reps

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_3a8c63​ 

As a customer myself I always like to make sure I only pay for the services I love & need. Depending on the plan you have you may not have the option to make changes to your plan via the awesome xfinity website https://comca.st/3wC8GlG and will need one of our amazing agents to make that change for you which you can reach our agents via 1-800-xfinty, via Facebook, Via twitter,  VIA the xfinity assistant via the amazing my account app. We can also assist via this platform, to get started could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3EqVMu7

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

2 years ago

There are Computer "Bugs" in the programing code. The company handling this less than adequate.  Covid19 might be part of the problem.

Your need to have person here in Customer Service handle it.  Calling 1-800-Xfinity works if you can get someone to talk to.

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

2 years ago

Every customer should be able to makes changes to our accounts online without having too spend hours on online chat or on the phone. We should be able to look and do the best deals ourselves. All you get is a error message when you try. And all Comcast gives you here is excuses. [Edited: "Solicitation"]

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

Hello @vop184, thanks for reaching out to us. We will be happy to explore some options to see if we can find you a new package. Can you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? We look forward to speaking with you soon! 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Xfinity - please stop with the "Private message us" response.  This is a significant USER EXPERIENCE problem that should be addressed GLOBALLY.  I have gone through this same deflection cycle with Xfinity for several months now.  The request is quite simple - allow your customers to make changes to their subscription services online.  Do not force them to call into a representative so that you can try to upsell them or disallow valid offers.  And at the same time, provide an online view of ALL of the available offers.  Your current policies toward existing (and currently PAYING) customers are terrible.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

this is how comcast [Edited: "Language"] their customers they know they have no competition in certain areas so they can do whatever they want, i agree you should not have to call and speak to someone to make changes on your account. their policies and customer service is garbage there is no reason that customers should not be able to see what options are available to either increase their plan services or decrease them by figuring out exactly what they want. But these idiots who claim they are customers as well are full of it, as employees of the company they moist likely have workarounds so they get the best deal(free cable or faster internet at no real cost to them, their whole job is to [Edited: "Language"] the customer. i bet they take a class to learn how to best swindle the customer out of their money 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here