U

Friday, October 4th, 2024 12:32 AM

When will my WiFi be restored?

My wifi has been disconnected since 9/27 because of hurricane Helene.My area is safe. Whenever I call Xfinity I just get a robot then hung up on, the app won’t connect me to an agent and just says it’ll be fixed “as soon as possible” I just wanna know when and if my service will be restored 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

15 days ago

I'm here to ask the same thing. The forums wouldn't let me post about it. 

1 Message

15 days ago

I’m here to ask the same thing. Power restored and appears to be safe in my area. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Good morning @user_gttawl! I hope you and your loved ones are safe! To stay updated on the interruption's status, we highly recommend routinely checking out our status center here. You can also check by signing in to our Xfinity app.

While the lines may not be damaged in your immediate area, there could be lines and/or equipment in need of repair further up the line. Often times when an estimate is not available it is caused by a local power company needing to complete its repairs first or tree removal service needing to clear trees and branches before the power company can start their repairs. Once those repairs have been completed, our teams are able to resume their repairs on our network.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

13 days ago

user_qt5x2d I

hope you and your loved ones are safe, and we appreciate your patience. We know how important the services in your home are to you. Please know:

If you experience a loss of service due to severe weather conditions, this could be the result of a local public power outage and/or damage to our network that serves your neighborhood.
We'll work as quickly and safely as possible to restore your service.
Typically, we must wait for local power companies to first restore power to your neighborhood and then allow our teams into the area to repair our network.
It's possible that public power could be restored to your home or business (or that you have a power generator), but the location of the Comcast network serving your neighborhood still doesn't have public power, which must also be restored before your services can work properly. 
The most effective way to get outage updates for your area and information about your service is to visit xfinity.com/outage or use the Xfinity app. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

I appreciate the complexities of the repairs, but the outage web page is useless; all it does is acknowledges there is a problem and that you are working on it. everybody already knows that.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

maverickcat, Thanks for your feedback. The Support Center page will provide an estimated time for resolution once one is available. This is typically updated by our field team. However, some repairs might take longer and the estimated time of resolution might not be available right away. We always recommend signing up for notifications online or through our Xfinity App that way you are notified automatically of any changes. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here