lauren602's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2024 9:56 PM

When will my outage be resolved? All I get is estimated restore of "as soon as possible" - since it went out 8/27/24

Had a big storm by me 8/27 which knocked out the power and Xfinity. Power came on just before midnight but Xfinity (internet, TV, phone) still down. Best I can get on the outage map is a restore time of "as soon as possible". I took a look at the map - the neighbor to the right of us + right behind us + across the street ALL have service. I went across the street in the other direction and those houses are ok too. Can anyone give us something? What is the problem, what kind of time frame are we looking at? Why is it JUST MY HOUSE? Last night (8/28) it did have estimated restore Friday 8/30 5pm... but by this morning back to "as soon as possible".  Plus I looked at the reimbursement program for outages - says weather does not qualify. I get it, you cannot help that... but I am paying for 31 days of service and you are not providing anything I am paying for going on 2 days now (probably more). 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 months ago

I tried the Xfinity (AI) assistant and all it does it apologize and point me to service center. I cannot seem to get a human on it. I know the phone will be the same way too. This is frustrating. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @lauren602. We can definitely take a look at any service interruption from here for you. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@XfinityJohnG​ internet has been down for 14 hours in Coon Rapids.  The map indicates more than 2000 households affected.   Is there any time frame on a resolution?  The last text message was at 6:45 pm yesterday. Very poor communication. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi user_bmn78h, I'm so sorry to hear that your internet has been down for so long and that the communication has been less than ideal—especially when you're dealing with a service issue that affects so many households. I completely understand how frustrating this must be, and I'm here to help. I’ll look into the situation right away and see if I can get an updated time frame for the resolution. We’re committed to getting your service back up and running as quickly as possible. To get started, please send our team a Direct Message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Press Enter to send it

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

3 Messages

Very poor communication 

the service needs to be restored . Power is back the net should not take as long. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

1 Message

2 months ago

I have this question as well. I’m going on three days with no internet but my power is back. The map of my area says it’s just me and then a few miles up the road is  the next closest person who is out. ASAP isn’t a very helpful time frame btw. Can we please get more information please? 

1 Message

19 days ago

I am still out and this is getting ridiculous. We have water back which was a big problem but the fiber optics that run to the mid should not have been compromised. Why do I not even see trucks here in Longboat Key. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello user_6cwfsl we are glad to hear that you have gotten some utilities back, and our hearts go out to you and others affected by Hurricane Helene. We are working as quickly as possible to restore services, and you can find more information at the sites below. 

Xfinity Status Center 

Comcast Florida Storm Response

Visitor

• 

1 Message

11 days ago

I'm having the exact same issue! I called and they said something about it can take up to 14 days and they had a manager or someone who deals with ticket numbers call me back and they didn't even know anything about the 14 day thing.. makes you wonder if they really value their customers. You can't leave people in limbo with children esp when you don't have good cell signal where you live either. My bill is outrageous as well and severely upset that they don't seem to send out consistent updates 

Official Employee

• 

912 Messages

RichieFischer thank you for using the Community Forums page to reach out to us. I know how important working service is and completely understand your desire to get things back up and running and swiftly as possible. I can assure you that we absolutely value wonderful customers such as yourself, and I would be more than happy to also look into your billing concerns in the meantime. Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

1 Message

7 days ago

After hurricane Milton, I’ve been without internet going on day 3. Im trying to understand why something that goes through the grounds is having such issues, my power came back last night. My cell service is terrible and my kids are home schooled. We have no way to use any of our electronics because of the internet being out. I don’t see any xfinity trucks anywhere in palm beach county working on things. My area barely got any bad weather besides some wind no flooding. Why is the internet still out. The outage map makes it look like nothing has been worked on. Our area in West Palm Beach is safe and not much damage, why are they not fixing this issues.  

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, user_popfz9, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your service interruption. I am happy to hear you and your family were safe during the storm. I understand how important it is to be connected especially with your kids in home school! I would be happy to take a look at your account to see if we have any additional details! 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Press Enter to send it.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here