D

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 26th, 2024 2:14 PM

What is the point of having an outage map if you're not going to show outages on the map?

The xfinity outage map is useless.

There was a huge storm in my town (Bloomington, IN) last night. The map for Duke energy has been updating, in real time, ever since customers started reporting outages.

https://ibb.co/sVZDYCC

Meanwhile, the xfinity outage map is basically empty. Customers like me are going to be looking at this map to find out:

• if the problem is specific to their equipment / household, or if it's more widespread
  • HOW widespread the problem is - so we can make educated guesses about who else in the community is likely to be affected and how long repairs might take

In other words, because this map doesn't work, xfinity simply does not provide the service customers need in an outage.

This is not a new issue. A search in this forum for "outage map" has 100 results (https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/search?q=outage%20map) and spot checking through these threads shows a clear pattern of folks complaining about much the same thing. These threads are also characterized by useless replies from xfinity employees.

Before a rep shows up here to ask: no, I am not logged into the app. I'm not interested in installing your app. You have a website for a reason, and presumably you once offered an outage map because customers wanted that. I am not interested in any solution here other than "sorry, we'll fix this service."

===

Editing my post to add: hey, what do you know, the final post from an xfinity employee said EXACTLY what I said they were going to say - "use our app." A twitter bot is less predictable.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

4 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

2 Messages

Our complete service has been down since the 27th of September do to a storm seems the street over from us has been restored days ago why have we not been restored yet. I haven't even seen a truck on our street and we have a power back for about 5 days now. 

2 Messages

@user_g2a220​ btw I'm in savannah, ga

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_g2a220

I hope you and your loved ones are safe, and we appreciate your patience. We know how important the services in your home are to you. Please know:

If you experience a loss of service due to severe weather conditions, this could be the result of a local public power outage and/or damage to our network that serves your neighborhood.
We'll work as quickly and safely as possible to restore your service.
Typically, we must wait for local power companies to first restore power to your neighborhood and then allow our teams into the area to repair our network.
It's possible that public power could be restored to your home or business (or that you have a power generator), but the location of the Comcast network serving your neighborhood still doesn't have public power, which must also be restored before your services can work properly.

The most effective way to get outage updates for your area and information about your service is to visit xfinity.com/outage or use the Xfinity app. 

I would be reaching out if I were in your shoes too. Thank you for lettings us know about what has been happening. In the future if you have troubles with your service please start by posting your own public post. That way you will get the help you need while following our community guidelines. Thanks for your understanding. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

513 Messages

4 months ago

Good morning @Doskei I apologize for any frustration caused by the severe weather.  We appreciate your continued patience while we work to restore service. Any time frame given is only an estimate as additional issues may be uncovered as we work to make repairs.  The XFINITY Status Center is the best place for updates. You can also request a credit for the downtime in the service center once services are restored. You can access the status center here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/status

2 Messages

XFinityJoe, as expected from other similar threads, your response does not at all address my point.

If y'all have a team that maintains this website, I'd suggest sending them a link to this thread, or to the search results showing 100+ similar posts.

"You can get info elsewhere" is not an adequate response to the fact that this map is fundamentally broken, and worse than useless. It would literally be better to remove it from the site than leave it up in this state. It is an official mechanism which serves only to spread misinformation.

1 Message

4 months ago

They need an interactive map, that allows us to find our own area, but they do it the way they do, because they dont want other companies or the people looking to see if their services are reliable,  we could easily tell if they actually had a live updated outage map that we could find our own location with. 

1 Message

4 months ago

I also live in Bloomington and right now they are giving July 5th as the date of restoration with absolutely no explanation as to why they think it will be that long —A week away! Also the map isn’t any better on the app.  

I have been thinking of switching companies for ages and their lack of communication and unreliable service—this is definitely the last nail in the coffin!  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @user_61o0ga,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. Please accept my most sincere apology for the recent experience you have encountered. As you are aware, there was a major storm that came through that is effecting power and services. 

Our technicians are working around the clock as safety and quickly as they can to restore services. The best resource would be our Xfinity Application where you can view the current status of the services. We are unable to provide an accurate estimated time of restoration as many things our outside of our control. We would need to wait authorities to provide clearance, removal of damaged poles, trees, and more, before we can begin work. 

As mentioned, our Xfinity App, Xfinity web portal, the Xfinity Status Center will be the best resources to get updates as we do not have any additional information. Please be sure to also visit our Comcast Response Teams Working to Restore Services in Central Indiana Storm Response and Restoration will provide overall updates to our continued efforts to restore the network and services. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here