U

Friday, September 6th, 2024 7:27 PM

Waiting for cable bury or temp line over a month

We had an Xfinity technician come out to our house over a month ago. He let us know we needed a cable buried before he could set anything up, so he put a work order in. Since then there’s been 2 separate occasions where 811 came out and marked gas and electric lines, and I got notifications saying that the work order had been completed. Both times it had not, and upon calling I get the runaround saying they need to schedule a new appointment several weeks out. We cannot have a temporary line due to there being livestock in our neighboring yard where the line needs to go. We have renters that need wifi for school and we’ve been unable to provide for over a month because of this. Today another technician came out to install our router and modem and we realized, AGAIN, that the work order has not actually been completed. I would bury it myself if I could. Please send a technician as soon as possible to resolve this. I’m about ready to give up and switch to another provider at this point. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

1 month ago

Hey there user_a2xyjv, you've come to the right place to get help with this line burial. I have plenty of tools to help make sure we get this work completed, and I appreciate you giving me a chance to help turn things around. I'll need to review your account and make sure we're taking the appropriate steps. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

6 days ago

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Right at a month here as well and still no line buried. Their call center doesn’t care and keeps making promise after promise with no action or follow through. I am ready to move on as well. What a <EDIT: Lanuage> company. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, user_mmgv4i, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your line concerns. I would be happy to help you with getting this line issue resolved once and for all! We definitely do not want to lose you as customer! 

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here