U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, October 16th, 2024 7:26 PM

Urgent Assistance Needed Regarding Line Disconnection and Service Outage - Speak to Live Person

Dear Xfinity Customer Support,

I am reaching out in hopes of speaking with a live representative to get more information on my service connection. My area recently went through a hurricane, and I work from home, so reliable service is essential.

The line connected to my house was saved thanks to a very kind Xfinity technician who came by shortly after the storm. He disconnected the line from my house to prevent it from being damaged or pulled down, which I am incredibly thankful for. Ten days later, when the power company came to reconnect our power, they also reconnected and secured the cable line, and we've had stable Wi-Fi for the last three days.

However, today, another Xfinity van showed up, and the technician was HOLDING A PAIR OF YARD SCISSORS IN THE AIR, ABOUT TO CUT MY LINE DOWN. I was home and ran outside just in time to stop him. When I asked why, he informed me that they would be replacing the pole near me in the next THIRTY (30) DAYS and were preparing the site for it. I explained that this was my first day working from home in ten days and begged him not to cut the line. He agreed to delay, but said the line would be down soon after they finished preparing the area. When I asked for a realistic time frame from when the line would be cut to when a new pole and line would be installed, he said it would take 20-30 CALENDAR DAYS.

I am now at a loss for what to do. I need more information on the timeline for when the poles will be replaced and, most importantly, when we can expect our service to be restored. Is it really going to take 20-30 days before we have Wi-Fi again? It seems odd that working, unobstructed lines would be cut down when the pole could potentially be replaced in a much shorter window. Why can’t the line be cut and the work completed on the pole within the same day or just a few days?

If this timeline is accurate, I will need to inform both the state unemployment office and my job that I will be without internet for THIRTY DAYS. Furthermore, I may need to look into switching service providers, as I can't get ANY human on the phone to assist me.

Please provide some reassurance and a realistic update on what to expect. Your help is greatly appreciated.

1 Message

2 days ago

Piggybacking on this thread. I am in a similar position, however my neighborhood is off of a main thoroughfare in the city with all wiring being ran underground in my neighborhood. The power poles in the surrounding area where fine after the storm, so I am not sure why or where the cause for my disruption of service is. I really just want a realistic expectation of when my service will be restored.  I understand our location went through an unprecedented storm and no one was prepared for it. The lack of actual communication is frustrating especially when I am still getting billed for services I do not have.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hi @user_3asyj3 Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We are happy to assist you with your concerns regarding the service interruption. I have received your direct message and will respond momentarily. Please note for the future that sending unsolicited direct messages to an Official Employee of the Xfinity Help & Support Forums is a violation of our Forum Guidelines. You must first create a public post requesting assistance and, once a Comcast verified employee responds and asks for a private message to be sent, you can then proceed with doing so.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

1 day ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 day ago

user_cb3390 That does sound off so thank you so much for reaching out for help with your conerns about your connection and the pole upgrade. If your home was not currently an active location that would be alright but since you are an active customer and were recently restored we definitly would not want you without services for that long. I would be more than happy to help look more into this for you. 

If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here