U

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, November 26th, 2023 7:50 PM

Closed

Upgrade X1 HD DVR Box to 4K(XG1v4) DVR Box

I would like to upgrade my existing X1 DVR box to support a new 4k television.  How do I request a XG1v4 getting started kit?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

10 months ago

@user_d71416 Thanks for reaching out to our Community Forums. The only way to ensure you are getting a 4k DVR (XG1v4) TV box is by having us send you one via UPS. We can take care of that for you here, just send us a direct message. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thank you.  I sent a direct message as stated at 9:56 pm last night.  No response yet.

I was informed I posted my initial request in the wrong forum.  Thanks for your response here.

When should I expect a response to the direct message sent to Xfinity Support?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_d71416 I have located your direct message that was linked to another post. We will respond to you shortly. Thank you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Great!  Thank you very much.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

11 months ago

I would like to upgrade my existing X1 DVR box to support a new 4k television.  How do I request a XG1v4 getting started kit?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Upgrade X1 HD DVR Box to 4k (XG1v4)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

5.9K Messages

You should have posted on the Customer Service forum. The employees on that forum can give you an okay to contact them for personal information in order to send you the 4K equipment.

Retired Expert

Gold Problem Solver

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thank you.  Will do.

Official Employee

• 

763 Messages

@user_d71416 Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here