U

Friday, July 26th, 2024 10:28 PM

upgrade modem

My modem is pretty old and the wifi doesn't stay connected much anymore. I did the modem lookup and it says i qualify for a new modem. How do i go about doing so? Can i exchange at a local xfinity store?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hey @user_3q4yc2, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity modem. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Do you happen to have access to the Xfinity App? From the Xfinity App, you can perform quick test to the modem to determine if you are experiencing Internet issues or something else. I would certainly perform a Home Network Test using the application to see if you are not experiencing any underlining issues before swapping the device. 

We appreciate you joining our Xfinity Forums Community today and hope we can help. We recommend viewing our "Replacing your TV Boxes and modems — FAQs", "How To Update Your Xfinity Equipment Online", and "Xfinity Retail Store Locator and Xfinity Mobile Stores" to assist in your exchange. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here