pharcyde's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, December 29th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Unwanted/Unsolicited Marketing Emails

I am continuously receiving marketing and other emails from Xfinity despite having updated my privacy/communication preferenes to opt out of all marketing related emails. I fear the website hasn't succesfully removed my email address from this list.

I have received what I consider to be spam emails from Xfinity-at least 14 emails in december alone. I need these emails to stop! 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

3 years ago

@mmct, we apologize for any delays and this issue not being resolved on your end yet. We have responded to your private message and look forward to continuing to assist you there. Thank you! 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

3 years ago

I did send at least five private messages to five different agents and the problem is still NOT resolved.

PLESE PLEASE PLEASE STOP THIS

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Why am I still receiving marketing emails from Xfinity when I have pushed "Opt Out of Everything" months ago and it reads "You have opted out of all the items below" next to the button.  However, I just received a marketing email "New voice commands for Watchathon, Disney+ and more". Can you please fix this?  Thank you

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I understand that Comcast Employees are responding with messages that essentially say, "Speak to us, we can try to help!" Here's the problem, we should be able to help ourselves. We are competent, able people who are in graduate school, who work full-time, competitive jobs. We are people who raise families, who have sick relatives, and must make difficult decisions. We are people who day after day are learning and working and are being relied upon. We aren't stupid. Some of us work in government, some of us work in academia, some of us are parents who are up to our elbows in dirty laundry and screaming children. The point? We shouldn't have to speak to you to fix basic problems- you should fix basic problems on your end. I, too, have the problem of not being able to stop marketing emails. If Comcast truly wanted to fix the problem, they would make it easy to do so. They don't want to easily fix the problem. Why is that? Because they profit off of those "Oops! We didn't mean for you to see that!" emails. And that DO profit. It's not legitimate if you can't stop the marketing emails from coming, it's spam. Any marketing email that does not provide an "opt-out" feature that actually works is considered spam. 

So, don't fool yourselves. Comcast could be sued for this, and they could be sued for a LOT of money. The problem is that most of us don't have the time or the energy to go through this process. We are tired. So, they send "Oops! Sorry, we didn't mean for you to see that! But, by the way, you should see The Masked Singer tonight!" emails because it benefits them. Until someone puts a stop to it. All it would really take to make it end would be an engineer- ONE- to actually make the opt-out feature work. But it doesn't work and they send Comcast employees after the message boards to fix the problem only when people complain. If people don't complain, Comcast won't see it as a problem, and nobody will hold them accountable. So, stop simply complaining on here with one or two sentence responses. Actually take this up with the FCC. This problem is bigger than you think it is. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here