CampOntheCliff's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, September 25th, 2024 2:25 PM

Trying to get Information and/or background on the ongoing and frequent outages in 20732 Calvert County MD

Here's the issue: Xfinity's customer service chatbot and phone maze loops wont let me get through to a human during an outage. 

There have been fairly frequent outages/interuptions during the recent weeks in the 20732 service area.  In the last ten days alone, texts indicating outages have been sent by Xfinity on 9/16, 9/17, 9/19, 9/24 and 9/25.  I have absolutley no issue at all with Xfinity repairing outages, and upgrading or replacing aged street equipment, if that's what this is.  In fact, I think Xfinity is doing a really good job at it.  However, the shortfalls in customer service experience are undoing and erasing any of these reputational gains. 

I depend on connectivelity to work from home, so after a few weeks of receiving reports of intermittent issues I need to talk to a human to understand what is going on.  Unfortunately, the XFINITY customer service chatbot and phone maze won't allow me to connect me with a human during an outage.  Even direct dialing the customer service number eventually results in a non-consnsual "Thank you, Good bye" hang-up. 

I understand this is by design to keep call surge down at the Xfinity call centers during a sudden outage.  However, after weeks of intermittent outages, I would like to speak to a human.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

25 days ago

CampOntheCliff I also work from home so I get where you are coming from. Our team is happy to take a look at your account to see if we have any further details that we can provide you. Please send us your full name and complete address in a direct message:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here