U

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Monday, May 1st, 2023 10:53 AM

Closed

TERRIBLE SERVICE TECH EXPERIENCE

​These days it seems like there are a lot of sub-par performances by Comcast employees but today that reached a new low.​

​I have been experiencing random V53 & V58 errors on my three DVRs on various channels over the last few months. I went through the standard diagnostic & troubleshooting measures (refresh, reactivate cable cards, upgrade ancient cable cards to the latest models, and had a amplifier installed by a Comcast tech six months ago per his suggestion). The problem still persists and while monitoring diagnostic values I noticed that the Signal strength remains at approx. 98-100% but the SNR has been increasing. I mentioned the error codes to an employee at my local Xfinity store and he said it is excessive noise on the line and scheduled a technician appointment. The tech arrived two hours early without an updated schedule change notification or a pre-arrival notification, I asked him if he was informed of the issue and he said no. I mentioned the errors and gave him some back ground on the issue and he remotely checked the diagnostics on my cable modem and said it looks good. I told him the problem is with the TV reception and he said "you [Edited: "Language"] think you know more about it than me then you fix the [Edited: "Language"] thing" and he walked back to his van and left.​

​WOW​

​I guess that exemplifies Comcast's treatment and respect for their customers.​

​I wouldn't be surprised if this falls on deaf ears but I felt the need to vent after this infuriating experience.​

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

I've created two posts yesterday and when I go to my profile and select Posts (created)  it says No Activity found.

Why?

Where are my posts?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled posts

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

1 year ago

First time that I posted this it was censored.

Who is censoring what the tech said to me!?!

This comment has been converted into a post

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

@user_cce58  How did the visit go? I show work was done and the signal is better.

Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityEthan​ the visit went well and met my expectations. The tech checked the signal and equipment at both the demarc and the pedestal. He found wiring defects and replaced the connectors and also found that incorrect equipment had been installed in the pedestal. So far I haven't seen any blocking or pixelization or V53 or V58 errors. Thanks for following up.

Steve

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here