U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 26th, 2024 2:09 AM

Temp Hardline awaiting burying for nearly 2 years

There is a "temporary hardline" (black cable) connecting the Comcast/xFinity box at my front curb to the next Comcast/xFinity box 2 houses further down the street. It runs across my driveway, in front of my mailbox, over the curbside drainage sewer grate, across my neighbors driveway, and infront of my neighbors mailbox. Needless to say, during this lengthy time, the cable has been severed several times by lawnmowers, city garbage pickup, rodents living in the sewer, postal vehicles driving over it (wear and tear), and vehicles entering/exiting the involved driveways (also wear and tear). Customer Service has been contacted numerous times, however their "script" apparently only deals with the "orange line" going from curbside to the individual house connection point, thereby service tickets are worthless and wasteful (they have buried such "orange cables" numerous times now - in fact, I can see them buried on top of each other). A few times, I've been able to personally meet with a Tech, whom all did say that such curbside "temporary hardline" are unacceptable and made their own reports (I have a copy of 1 of these Emails, which the Tech sent to his Superintendent (dated Sep 27, 2023 with attached pictures)). Any service tickets which mention "Construction Department" are mysteriously cancelled without notice or explanation. As others have complained about already, there is no published contact info for a "Construction Department"...

I have contacted the local Police Department and filed a report on Memphis City 311 ClickFix not only for being unsightly, but also for potential trip and fall safety issues (all to no avail).

Aren't Memphis cable companies overseen by the Tennessee Public Utility Commission? Or, should I also contact local news media to assist in getting this issue rectified? I'm not looking to make a bigger issue out of this delay, however nearly 2 years should be ample time (even if the "only available burying machine is in Nashville as Memphis doesn't have such a machine" - as was stated to me once....).

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

965 Messages

3 months ago

Hey there, @user_870c6b! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum and bringing this to our attention. We would be happy to assist! Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address. Thanks! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here