U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 22nd, 2022 9:11 PM

Closed

Target promo

I was scammed for $400. I was offered $79.99 a month for three years if I paid in advance with a Target gift card. The number to call is [Edited: "Personal Information"] ext 1. The promo Cade is XTV 682423T. Unfortunately I bought the gift card with a debit card instead of a credit card so now I can’t get my money back. 

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Did I Get A Scam/Spam Xfinity Sales Call?

Problem Solver

• 

1.4K Messages

2 years ago

@user_c88169 I am so sorry hear this happened. This is unfortunately a known scam going around. We would never tell you to purchase a gift card for a reduced rate. We appreciate you letting others know what to look out for. If you're ever unsure about a promotion, I would recommend reaching out to us directly by either calling us or reaching out on here. 

Expert

• 

30.9K Messages

2 years ago

@user_c88169 

Have you gotten a call claiming to be from Comcast asking you to buy gift cards or paying upfront for six months or more in exchange for 50% off your bill?  If so, the FTC is well aware of this scam.  If you get a call like this you can report it to     https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/
Please help to stop the spread of this kind of fraud.
Thanks!

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

This scam is still going around. I was left a voice mail about this promotion on Feb 13, so I called the number just today, Feb 23. It all sounds and seems legit, but when I was told and then saw in the email that I asked to be sent to me, that you pay with a Target Gift Card, I was very skeptical and told them I would need to check with Comcast/Xfinity at another number. I then logged onto my account and decided to check the Community Forum. They won't get any money from me!!

Official Employee

• 

574 Messages

Hey there, @user_5e7d65. Thank you for providing this thread with an update on what you're experiencing from your end regarding this known scam. I would recommend reporting this as mentioned above by our awesome expert, @Again. We appreciate your contribution to our community! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here