A

Sunday, July 7th, 2024 10:32 PM

T3 Timeouts

Since I moved into a new house a few months back, I've been seeing packet loss issues on the upstream side of things, causing quality issues on Zoom/Google Meet/etc, meaning folks can't hear/see me properly, which has been a big problem especially since I work from home. When I switch to tethering to Verizon's mobile network, I have no issues.

I got a new modem recently that gives me some additional error logging, and can see that there are T3 timeouts. What would be the next step on Comcast's end to troubleshoot this, being that this is likely an outside plant issue?

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

3 months ago

Glad you reached out! Have you taken a close look at your wiring to ensure this all looks in good standing? Do you have a splitter on the coax from the wall to your modem?

6 Messages

3 months ago

@XfinitySheila Yes, no visible wiring issues that I can see. I do not have a splitter on the coax from the wall to my modem. 

There are splitters in my home wiring box, which I've replaced to no avail. 

Official Employee

• 

772 Messages

Thank you, I would like to take a closer look. 

To get started, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

@XfinitySheila I just sent the requested info via DM. 

Expert

• 

106.3K Messages

3 months ago

@AudioGeek10 @XfinitySheila 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

6 Messages

3 months ago

To provide an update here:

I had a tech come out a couple of weeks ago and he found that my upstream signal on the pole needed to be adjusted, and this is something that a maintenance tech needed to do, so he put in a ticket for that and that a maintenance tech would stop by within the next few days.

It doesn't look like a maintenance tech ever came out, as I don't see record of this on my security cameras and I am still seeing T3 timeouts.

Could someone from the Xfinity side check this?

Thank you.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

AudioGeek10 I would be happy to check signals from here, and send another tech if needed. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

@XfinityEricB Just sent this info as requested.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

AudioGeek10 We recieved your message and look forward to helping you there! 
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here