U

Sunday, November 19th, 2023 6:39 PM

Closed

Support lies about cancelling my service

August 2023 I moved from az to FL where there is no service. I obtained other service and ported my number. I contacted support and was told there was nothing I needed to do that my account would be closed and I could pay off my devices.

September I was charged to the debit card on my account. I cancelled the card and contacted support to ask why they'd charged and that I cancelled my account the prior month. I was told no problem, they would take care of cancelling it and I could go online and pay off devices.

October and I had a notice that a charge was declined (I had cancelled the card). I contacted support again and went through the whole I cancelled everything in August blah blah and I only wanted to pay off my devices And be done. Was told they cancelled and then was sent a link to add a payment for what I was told would be the devices payoff. 

A couple weeks later I received an email saying thank you for updating your account credit card. Then a second email thanking me for a payment. A double payment now! Without my permission or authorization, obtained by trickery and added deceitfully.

I contacted supposed and talked to a manager. Was assured my account was cancelled going back to August. He tried to tell me I'd been using the iPad since August which was B's because it's dead in a box since my move and I don't remember the login. He informed me I would receive an email confirmation from him. Well, I never received anything. No spam. 

I contacted my bank to place a stop on the payment they took. After a week I got my money back.

Last week I contacted the customer service again and was told he cancelled my account, then he told me it was cancelled on October 24th. Then he told me to print all of our messages out and take them into a store. Mind you, there is no Xfinity service where I live in Florida.

The last thing I want to do is spend another two hours of my life explaining your incompetence. I will be recording any future conversations.  My account should be cancelled going back effective mid August 2023. All outstanding charges should be cleared and I should be given a means to pay off my devices that does not give you access to fraudulently charge my card again for services I cancelled 4 times.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

8 months ago

@user_t2zmdm thanks for your post and letting us know. We are here to help you. Please send us your full name and complete address in a direct message: 

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

4 Messages

@XfinityPeterH​ no my question wasn't answered

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here