Ddeby's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

Sunday, May 19th, 2024 7:44 PM

Spam emails return to inbox in seconds

Being flooded with spam lately, I sometimes have a dozen at a time that I mark as Spam.  They disappear from my Inbox and then in literally 2 seconds, they are right back.  I have to then check each one off a second time, mark them as Spam yet again, and then they go the Spam folder and stay.  

This has been going on for a few weeks.  It's frustrating as I get so much spam and having to do it twice is a pain in the neck.  How to fix this?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

5 months ago

Hey @Ddeby,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. I hope your day is going well. We would be more than happy to assist with your e-mail concern. Would you be able to provide further detail with what you are experiencing? 

Are you using Xfinity Email web portal or a third-party email client? Do you have your Xfinity Email linked to third-party email clients and having issues using the web portal? Would you also be able to clear your cache/cookies in your web browser and see if the issue persist? 

Please let us know how this works out so we can assist further if needed.

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

I am on my desktop computer and go to Xfinity.com to look at my emails.  I have no idea what a third party client is, so I'm fairly sure I'm not using one.  I have cleared my browser, but it makes no difference.  This happened about a year ago too but stopped after a few weeks.  It's just more of an issue now where I am being flooded with Spam and want it to go into the Spam folder the first time I send it there.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Would you happen to be able to try and go into Incognito or InPrivate browsing mode to see if you are still encountering the same issue of the emails repopulating @Ddeby? Do you also experience the same issue while clicking and dragging the email to the Spam folder? We are not indicating any issues with the Xfinity Email and not experiencing issues when testing with my personal Xfinity Email account.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

I seem to be able to drag them to the Spam folder without a problem.  So I guess I will just do it that way.  Thank you for your help Demetrius.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I am glad to hear that works for you @Ddeby. You should be able to highlight multiple messages as well for Click/Drag. Be sure to try the other way as well from time to time to see if it has been fixed for you. If you need anything more, please do not hesitate to create a new parent post. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

This happens to me every single day. I just now enabled spam filtering which should have been the default in the first place. That's absolutely stupid.

1 Message

25 days ago

I have always had the spam filtering enabled and I have emails marked as Spam reappear in my inbox within a second. I will have to remove/mark as Spam for a second time. This has been going on for YEARS for me.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@user_p5xw5u I am sorry to hear you have to do that 2 times. Is there a chance the address that the email is coming from is slightly different?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here