U

Tuesday, February 13th, 2024 4:02 PM

Scheduled a service transfer online that said I needed to call in to complete.

I scheduled a service transfer since I will be moving and it said I needed to complete this action via phone call and that I'd receive a call within 2 hours. I received a call from an unrecognized number and the person was hard to understand but was asking for personal information to confirm my account. I didn't feel comfortable giving them that information over the phone. I'm wondering if I NEED to confirm this service transfer over the phone, if there is another way, or if this just a potential scam. Thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

5 months ago

Hi there @user_o5k1fw!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to assist in any way that we can.  So that we can get started, please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

104.9K Messages

5 months ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here