U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Friday, October 14th, 2022 4:17 PM

Closed

Scam call

I just spoke with someone from an obvious call center about a promotion to reduce my bill by 50%  it would be for the next 3 years. No cancellation fees. They new the amount of my bill and also had my daughters name for her account. They told me I would need to pay 4 months up front, 600.00$, but then I wouldn’t receive a bill for the next 4 months. I advised that I couldn’t make this decision over the phone. They offered to call back tomorrow. It was very high pressure. Is this a legit offer or

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Did I Get A Scam/Spam Xfinity Sales Call?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

... Is this a legit offer or

It's almost certainly a scam. See any of the many posts at https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/search?page=1&sortKey=RECENT&q=scam.

The scammers will have a great deal of info, and the calls sound like Comcast calls. The scammers will appear to "pay" your current balance, although Comcast will finally realize that the "payment" is bogus and reverse it in a day or two. This scam is a very nasty one.

A competent company would have prominent warnings posted about a scam that appears to use leaked customer data, but Comcast hasn't bothered to do that.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Valued Contributor

• 

406 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for contacting us on the forums, @user_b9e7e8! This call is definitely a scam. We do not have any promotions that require such a massive payment up front, and then no bill for four months. You were correct in not doing anything! Personally, I would block that number and continue to deny them if they call from a different one. Is there anything else we can assist you with right now? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

2 years ago

@XfinityTimothy wrote: ... Is there anything else we can assist you with right now? 

Yes! This scam presents customers with data that only Comcast should have. Many have been tricked and lost large sums of money.

Comcast should post prominent warnings about this scam on it's login pages and on https://xfinity.com. To fail to do so is irresponsible.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for the response. Disappointing that a scammer can have that much information 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I agree, it is scary how resourceful they can be. We have a very strict verification process on our end to help keep bad actors at bay. Please know we will never ask for your banking or credit card details, social security number or date of birth on social media or on our Xfinity Forums when in public or a direct message conversation. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here