U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, March 23rd, 2022 11:59 PM

Closed

Returning Equipment Return Label Not Working

I started a return of equipment. When I click on print the UPS shipping label it says

Looks like something went wrong

Please reload the page and try again

I have tried different browsers and nothing works. It seems like the link is not right. I don't know how to return the equipment if the label does not print. 

What else can I do? I don't have time to go to the Xfinity Store.

Thanks for your help.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 years ago

Hey @user_881b63, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. We apologize the return page is giving you problems. Are you trying to get the return label from this website? If so, is it giving you the same error when you try to download it?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Yes that is the website. And yes it gives the same error. I think the label number is in the address bar.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for trying that. It sounds like something went wrong when generating the label. Can you send us a direct message so I can take a look at what is going on?

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I am having the same issue. I spent all day and spoke to 4 different agents and the last one told me there was nothing they could do and I should wait until tomorrow to see if it is fixed. This is unacceptable since every day I hold the boxes that are for return it is costing me money. I was told they could not send me a return label by mail.  

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @Captjohnphd. Thank you for reaching out to let us know you're having the same issue. At this time, I don't have a process to mail you a shipping label from my end. I can; however, continue to help and troubleshoot this further.

I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message. Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

if this is happening to lots of us, as appears to be the case, this suggests that the problem is not with "My Account" but rather your HTML.

Has anyone reading this been able to successfully print a shipping label in recent weeks/months??

Basic systems troubleshooting, folks.   BTW, I'm trying to print two labels on 4/16/2022.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

40 Messages

I have spent 3 hours trying to return this equipment.Not to mention NON speaking English people at customer support.First off the printing label does not load.Then there is the problem with devise and having to look all over for the model numbers. I have alot of unused equipment that I am getting charged for.I am trying to do the right thing but I am unable.There should be pictures of the devices so I don"t have to figure out which one I am suppose to be returning.So how do I return with no label...When I called today I got people who could not pronounce English letters.People must be still working from home,because when I called the automated tellar gave me 3 reboot test.Not funny.I cried.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Ok thank you for your help.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I followed the instruction on the web page for for returning my modem and then the web page says:

Your prepaid shipping label is ready!

Please note: there may be delays due to COVID-19.
For quick, accurate tracking, visit My Account.

However, there is no option given for printing the label. I haven't received a label by email either. Where can I see the label?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_ca4fb8. Thanks for commenting here on our Community Forums. Typically, the option of printing the label will be available when you complete the process. If you already submitted a return request, you can track your return at the Pending Return Status page. Here is a link for additional information. Let me know if this helps. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I'm having the same issue. When I try to print the label I get the message:

Looks like something went wrong

Please reload the page and try again

Reload Now

I tried this last night and today and got the same issues. I also don't have the option for a direct message since I recently canceled my service since I moved out of the service area. I need to return my box within the next few days. Any help would be appreciated. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Hello @user_eba7b7! Sorry for the issues you're having when trying to print a label to return your equipment. We'd be happy to see how we can help getting one shipped. Please send a direct message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the "Direct Messaging" chat icon in the top right corner of the page, then click on the pen and pad icon and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue.  Dont see an option for returning it to the store since I started a return by using UPS.

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

I'm sorry that's happening @user_e16007! However, don't worry, you can return equipment to an Xfinity or UPS store without the label! The awesome store representatives will take care of making sure it's sent back.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I dont need a reference # or anything?

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

That's a great question, @user_e16007! Since each device is registered to the account by the serial number, no reference number is needed. We'll know exactly which device was returned!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

this is still bugged. i think it is on purpose so they can keep charging money for renting their device.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_f4f642! Thanks for visiting XFINITY over our forums page. I am sorry to learn about this experience that we have made you feel this way. This is definately now how we want you to feel. I will do everything within my power to change that around. Since this error is still happening the next best option is to stop by a local UPS store where a UPS representative will pack and ship your equipment back to us. If a UPS Store representative packages the equipment for you, you will receive a physical receipt with your tracking number. The last option is you can simply visit us at a Comcast Service Center or XFINITY Store. We would love to see you! Here is a great link for finding a store nearest you at https://comca.st/3ubgKJZ. The great thing about this option is you can even schedule an appointment so you do not have to wait in line. Which option would work best for you? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am having the same problem and I even did a refresh on my computer. Customer service suggested I go to the local xfinity store or ups. Anyway it's not fixed online.

Problem Solver

• 

571 Messages

Hello, @user_b4fe76 so sorry to hear you are having troubles with printing a return label from our website. Just to confirm are you visiting [Digital Returns Center](https://comca.st/3r9ctVp) You can also request a return label through our My Account app. Have you tried this as well? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

AWFUl. same thing here.  Site does not work.  Calling xfinity does not work - after being on hold FOR HOURS.  So angry with this company.  SO many problems that take hours to solve on the homeowners part.  For example: my modem does not work (guess it needed to be updated) so of course this is MY problem to solve - they continued to charge me for a modem that did not perform its job.   Then told me I had to drive 40 mins to go return it.  Then told me if I couldn't install the new one they would charge me $100 to send someone out.  Now I find out I can get a label instead of driving:  but the printing the label option doesn't work.  Also, no instructions came with new modem.  LAUGHABLE.  All the while: getting charged and I have no service.  

Problem Solver

• 

770 Messages

How to Return Your Xfinity Equipment

Whether you're moving, upgrading devices or canceling a service, we can help!

Visit our Digital Return Center at https://comca.st/3v1Kbxl and follow the on-screen instructions for the device you'd like to return to us. If you don't see your device, simply follow the return options below. Even if you’ve already disconnected your account, you can still use the Digital Return Center - you just need your Xfinity ID and password.

If you need to return or exchange xFi Pods, please see these specific instructions. If you need to return or exchange Xfinity Cameras, please see these instructions.

For help moving, just tell us a bit about your move at https://comca.st/3r8UOxo and we'll take care of the rest so you can move in about a minute.

Simple Options to Return Xfinity Equipment

Should you need to return your rented equipment, there are four ways to do so (all free of charge):

Initiate your return online and send your equipment back with a prepaid UPS shipping label

1. Sign in and visit the Equipment Return page. (Note: You must have your Xfinity ID and password to process your return online. If you don't, you can head directly to a UPS Store near you).
    Already submitted a return request? You can track your return at the Pending Return Status page.
  2. Check off the device(s) you'd like to return and select Continue. When returning your device(s), check the serial number on the device to ensure that it matches your selection.
    Note: If you're returning a TV Box, you can click Identify Device, which will send a signal to that specific TV and display an on-screen message to let you know that this is the correct TV Box.
  3. Choose a reason for return and press Continue.
  4. Select a return option, follow the listed instructions, and press Confirm.
  5. If you’ve selected UPS Prepaid Shipping, a prepaid shipping label will be prepared for you. Click Print Shipping Label to print the label for your package.
  6. Put the equipment being returned into its original box, and place your UPS prepaid shipping label on the outside. Keep the top portion of the label with the tracking number included, as this will be your receipt.
  7. Call 1-800-PICK-UPS to schedule an at-home pickup by using the label tracking number or drop the package off anywhere that UPS shipments are accepted. Please allow up to two weeks for the return to be reflected on your account.

Stop by a local UPS Store

1. Visit https://comca.st/3x87hoz to find a UPS Store near you.
  2. You may either package the equipment yourself using a cardboard box and the prepaid UPS shipping label you printed at home, or you may bring your equipment to the store and a UPS representative will pack and ship your equipment back to us.
  3. If a UPS Store representative packages the equipment for you, you'll receive a physical receipt with your tracking number so that you can track the progress of your return at https://comca.st/3v1Kbxl or on https://comca.st/3ramth7. Otherwise, you may reference the tracking number on the return label to monitor your package. Please allow up to two weeks for the return to process and your account to reflect these changes.

Stay in the Know: If you have an email address on file, you'll also receive a confirmation email letting you know that the equipment was received and the date that the return was processed. Update your email address.

Visit us at an Xfinity Store or Comcast Service Center

1. Find an Xfinity Store or Comcast Service Center location near you and then make an appointment by visiting https://comca.st/3v4RV1u.
  2. Drop off your equipment at any Xfinity Store or Comcast Service Center. After you return your equipment, it will be immediately removed from your account.
  3. Our team at the Xfinity Store will provide you with a receipt confirming your return details.

We also make it easy to activate your equipment and have a number of different options online. I like this option the best.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_ef7b68​ you can call UPS to pick up your equipment or drop it off at a UPS store. They scan the serial number on the equipment so that it gets credited to the correct account and you can get a receipt if you go into a UPS store. Also I would suggest buying your own modem. This would eliminate your monthly fee and they are very easy to install. Just make sure if you buy one it is compatible with xfinity. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Having this same exact issue. This is obviously a bug. And even if it worked, the entire process is nonintuitive. 

Anyway, I know I can just take the equipment to a UPS store and they'll pack it and print a label, but I want to make sure that that works in a state that has no Xfinity/Comcast presence. I don't want to go there and have them have no idea what I'm talking about, and then it just circles back to this.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

2 years ago

Can someone at Xfinity send me a label?  I am hitting this exact problem.  I see the tracking number in the URL, but I cannot schedule a pickup without a physical label.  I am not close to a UPS store.  I am close to a UPS "Access Point" but I need the actual label.  

(edited)

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity should email you the label so you can print from your email.  Even with the URL which no notification that the label has generated doesn't actually work.  This is clearly a problem the site!  

User initiates return.  
Xfinity integrates to UPS to generate shipment (working)

UPS sends back tracking number (and label?) to Xfinity - (appears working, status link does contain valid tracking #)

Xfinity notifies/displays/emails label to customer (NOT WORKING)

The problem is, I can't generate a label from the tracking number, even UPS is unable to do that.  I am NOT close to an Xfinity store and I am NOT close to a UPS store.  

Bottom line-  While I appreciate the creative problem solving by the Xfinity team, clearly this is a broken website problem.  When I ciick View Return Label it's supposed to display the label, not an error message- Can Xfinity simply fix this?  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

As of April 19th, 2022 this is still not working.

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I'm truly sorry to hear that you aren't able to print out a return label. I know how excited I was when the option to print a label and have the package picked up at no charge became available. Can you tell me what type of error you are getting when you try to print it? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

It very simply still does not work

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_c118e2 - Thank you for letting us know! Are you actively trying to return equipment? If so, don't forget that you can also Find a UPS Location near you and have them pack and ship the equipment back to us on your behalf, at no cost to you. Alternatively, you may also go directly to an Xfinity Store. Please let me know if this helps!

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I’m having the same problem. I created a return label, and the page says the label is ready, but where can I find it so I can print it? There’s a green circle 🟢 at the top with a check mark ✅ on it that says it’s ready to print, but the only active option on the page is to go back to my account.

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

Thank you for reaching out, [Edit: Personal Information] @USER_98754G! I apologize for the trouble you've run into with trying to get that shipping label printed. The workaround to this is that you can take the equipment to your local UPS store, and they will ship the modem back to us absolutely free of charge and with no label printed! All you need to do is take the equipment in with its corresponding parts, and they will pack it up, ship it out, and give you a tracking number. This link will give you an overview of the process. Please let me know if you run into any issues accessing the link. 

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here