U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, August 13th, 2021 3:01 PM

Closed

Reporting Fake email Comcast/ phishing email

How do I report a phone email supposedly coming from Comcast? I have been all over the Comcast webpage and there is no where to report to customer service. I used the Xfinity assistant and their link to report an issue is sending back a bad request message.

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

3 years ago

@user_952beb

Hello! Thanks for reaching out to us through our Xfinity Forums support platform on Communities! We take your internet security very seriously and always want to help investigate any instances of phishing or scam emails that you may receive via your Comcast email.

One thing important to note, is that we never reach out via email to request Social Security numbers, credit card numbers, passwords, or other personal information such as this. I am glad that you recognized this as a scam and are reporting it to us. By visiting https://comca.st/3sbwMB2  you can get additional information on internet security.

If you could, please copy the full message headers and past them into an email and send those to us at abuse@comcast.net with the subject line as “Phishing Email”. Please do not forward the email as that may remove the headers we need to investigate. Please let me know if you have any additional questions at all. We are here to help!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thanks! I copy and pasted the body of the email. AS you know you cant copy and past the address so I screen shot them and pasted.

Official Employee

• 

624 Messages

@user_952beb

Thank you for doing that! Here is a link that explains how to view the message headers: View Headers. These are required to track the email. Would you mind resending that message with those headers as well, please? 

(Edited: Spelling/Grammar)

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sorry I just saw this. Copied and pasted entire message.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@user_952beb, Awesome, thank you for taking the time to resend that and for being so vigilant. Awesome customers like yourself really help us weed those annoying phishing attempts out and make for a better experience. Did you have any other questions about reporting your scam concerns?  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 years ago

For reference: To report a scam email to Comcast, follow the "Report Spam and Phishing Emails" link on https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/ and scroll down to the "Report Phishing Emails" section.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I thought I would be a good internet citizen and report a phishing scam referencing Xfinity bill paying. After 15+ minutes of chasing multiple web pages, customer forums, dead links, etc. to find out how,  I concluded either Comcast can't get out of its own way on this or just doesn't care. What poor customer service. I am shocked, I tell you I am shocked!

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello there @user_c572d5.

To report a scam email to us, follow the "Report Spam and Phishing Emails" link on https://comca.st/3lMuk21 and scroll down to the "Report Phishing Emails" section.

I no longer work for Comcast.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I got this Email that says it's from you and I'm skeptical.Is it from Comcast of Xfinity?

Up-date Note ✅

Dear Customer

You are stiII using the oId version. So it's time to update before you Iose your emaiI access.

Go to New Version

Thank You.

(edited)

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@soundmixer​ It's a phishing attempt.  Scroll up to BruceW's post which will help you report it.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here