U

Sunday, January 28th, 2024 3:32 AM

Closed

Report downed cable line

Yesterday morning (1/26/24) a garbage truck ripped an Xfinity cable line down from the pole behind my apartment and it has been there all day yesterday and all day today. My Internet has been down because of this. I have tried numerous times to report this to Xfinity without success. I know the property manager reported it yesterday but it appears no one is fixing the issue. How can I get Xfinity to fix the downed cable line and restore my Internet that I pay an exorbitant amount for each month?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

137 Messages

7 months ago

Hello, @user_ghun8f

Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it.

2 Messages

@XfinityEsteban​  they finally came this morning and fixed the cable line but we were without Internet for more than 48 hours. How do I claim a credit for that time?

Thank you 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_ghun8f Happy your services are back up and working properly. Please send us a Direct Message as shown above, so we may assist.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

7 months ago

How do I report a down line in my yard

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_rpv8dr I see you made your own post and I have responded there with the next steps. Please review & respond at your earliest convenience. Thanks! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

2 months ago

[Edited: Personal Information] downed line .. busted cable line 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey user_hlveiq, thanks for reaching out and letting us know. We can certainly get someone out there to get it fixed. When you get a chance, can you send us a direct message? 

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct messaging" icon near the top right of the page

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here