gman13's profile

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

Tuesday, July 20th, 2021 4:09 PM

Closed

Replace dvr box

My dvr box went & need a replacement is their anyway i can have a tech come to the house and replace it? Due to health problems i am unable to drive to the nearest xfinity store.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

3 years ago

Good morning, gman12. So sorry to hear about the cable box going out. That's no good! We can absolutely schedule a technician to come out and help you with the swap, no worries. There is typically a one-time fee associated with this type of work, it does vary from area to area. Can you tell me a little bit more about what you're experiencing with the box, symptom-wise? Is the box no longer powering on?

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

3 years ago

The box started acting up about a month ago, random at times but now i believe the dvr box is shot. The box has all these green, pink, purple & red colors on the entire screen, doesnt matter what channel i try, the channels are all like this. It is no doubt the box is shot as i tried all the different hdmi ports none of them make a differance, i tried placing a movie in my blueray player and the movie works fine so it is definately not the tv, i even tried the small box from the bedroom and the picture on that works fine also. So definately the dvr box

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

Got it. I am glad to hear that you at least have some backup ways to watch TV shows/movies while we work out the complications on this box here. Coloring disruptions/interference of this nature are almost always related to the HDMI cord itself needing to be replaced. Is there an HDMI cable going from your cable box directly to your TV, or is there a device in between? ~Morgan

I no longer work for Comcast

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

The box from the bedroom only plays channels 2-20 all the HD channels are gone, screen resolution is way too big (cant figured out how to get all the HD channels working?). The HDMI cord itself works fine as my blueray player works fine and i got channels 2-20 working using the small box from up in the bedroom so it is definately the dvr box and this here needs replaced.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you so much for those details and I am sorry you've been experiencing these issues with the box. We would love to take a deeper look into the account to see if we can get to the bottom of this over a private message. To get started please select the "peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page), click the "new message" icon, type/select "Xfinity Support", and then type/send your name with your address.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

42 Messages

3 years ago

Ok, did what you asked me to do but when i click on "Xfinity Support" it sends me to this page "https://forums.xfinity.com/users/6011c4ffdbaa4b35ec182e2c"??? There is no where for me to type my name & address???

(edited)

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

Hmm, that is odd. It shouldn't redirect you anywhere since you're just selecting it. Try this:

To send a Message:
1. Click on the Chat Bubble icon in the upper right corner to access our new Peer 2 Peer feature!
2. Search for "Xfinity Support" and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop down list.
3. Type your message in the text area.
4. Press Enter to send!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here