M

Friday, June 28th, 2024 3:24 PM

Recent sign ins tab question

so, i received 2 txt messages from xfinity with a verification code i didnt request, ignored it since i didnt give the code to anyone, and moved on, but then curiosity hit me and i went to my app and checked the recent sign ins tab, to my surprise i saw there were a few sign ins at around the same time i received the txt messages. does that mean someone was actually in my account? or are those the attempts of someone trying to sign in?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

3 days ago

misam21 Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us today about access to your account. We understand how important it is to secure your account. If you do see recent sign in's that were not done by you, we recommend changing your password and continue using 2 factor authentication. You can change your password here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/changing-or-resetting-your-password 

Please let us know if you have additional questions. We are here to help. 

3 Messages

thats the thing, i have the two factor authentication on, thats why i received the verification codes, but i didnt send them to anyone, my question is: if sign in attempts also display on the "Recent sign ins" tabs or only actual sign ins

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

misam21 I believe it is only successful sign in attempts. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

Then how is it possible someone accessed my account if i have the two factor authentication on and didnt share the code? also i checked the IP address that appears under those sign ins and its shows it was from COMCAST... so someone at comcast was trying to access my acc? or actually did?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

In this case we would highly recommend that you reach out to our Customer Security Assurance Team (CSA) and report this with as much detail as possible (date, time, etc.) You can do this through their site at  https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here