MyAccountXZ's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, August 21st, 2022 8:57 PM

Closed

Received Comcast / Xfinity Scam Voicemail on Phone

I received the following voice message on my phone yesterday: "Hi there, I'm calling you from Comcast Xfinity to let you know that your existing account is qualify for 50% off in order to available discount kindly call us back at (redacted) from 8 AM to 5 PM pacific standard time thank you and have a great day." Due to the grammatical errors in the message and the fact that it's highly unlikely for me to get half off my bill, I did not call them back but thought you might want to know.

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Did I Get A Scam/Spam Xfinity Sales Call?

Official Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

259 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there, thank you for reaching out to our team here in the forums! Please do visit us here to learn more about how to protect yourself from fraudulent calls like the one described above https://comca.st/3R4FKeJ.

(edited)

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Yes, same exact voicemail today with a very convincing sounding voice/voicemail. The number to call is [Edited: "Personal Information"]

If you google the number the results speak for themself...

(edited)

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

2 years ago

Yes I received the same call today, which was blocked by my RoboKiller app. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I received the same call today! I only listened to offer, thinking at first Xfinity was making some restitution for their multiple day outages recently. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

I received the same call. I called back and set up the account. It was too convincing, and I’m hard to convince. I ended making several Target gift get card purchases for several very realistic sounding reasons they gave me.  I realized this morning it was a scam when I started getting text messages from Xfinity saying I needed to make another gift card payment for weird reason. I ended up calling Xfinity, gave their security all the information about the transactions. I also called my bank, filled them in on the card purchases, then called Target security and gave them all the information. They are looking into it with law angencies.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_b5e6de​ I’m so sorry this happened to you, and I absolutely abhor these scammers and how they take advantage of people.

What happened is not your fault, but please reconsider just how hard to convince you may really be. This type of scam is very well known and has numerous red flags. I fear that until and unless you learn more about how to spot these scams, and how to protect yourself, you will remain vulnerable to the many, many scammers out there.

I’m glad the police and Target are trying to help you, but in complete honesty, there really isn’t anything they can do. I hope this doesn’t put you into a bind.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I just got the same call from [Edited: "Personal Information"]. The caller said the same thing about pacific standard time (which wouldn't be active now - it's pacific daylight time), even though the call said it was coming from Burlington VT. Needless to say, I didn't call back and I blocked the number but I thought Xfinity should know.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

637 Messages

Hello there! Thank you so much for taking the time to bring this to our attention! It's extremely important to us to keep our Comcast information safe and do our very best to protect your account with the utmost security!
I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get that number blocked! Additionally, you can also follow the steps outlined in the link below that will provide a variety of other things you can do to prevent these calls from happening or even coming through at all!
https://comca.st/3AYMl4V
Please let us know what questions you may have or if you need assistance in getting any of these things established! We'll be happy to help! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Just received the call.  Sounded to good to be true, so I googled the number.  Definitely a scam.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Same I just received this call as well but any number I don't know goes to voicemail I don't answer unknown numbers this one said Florida 407 number after they left a voicemail I went back and played it same thing everyone else is saying so I looked it up and found this forum  I don't fall for stuff like this I know better but I may call back to mess with them lol since they wanted to scam me and waste my precious time what is wrong with these ppl constantly trying to steal hard working families money if they would take half the effort they put into scamming and put it towards working a real job doing it the right way they would be better off I can only imagine the life these ppl live Karma keeping them down till they learn to do right they will stay that way SMH 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I just received the same call today, called back and as i asked more questions they said I’d need to pay one year in advance and then I’d get the discount, and when i said they could charge my credit card on file, they said no, i needed to pay over the phone because Ebay was paying the second half of my bill. When I said that it was sounding more and more like a scam the person on the phone became more urgent and I ended the call. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I just got the same message also on 09/21/2022: “Hi there I'm calling you from Comcast Xfinity to let you know that your existing account is qualified for 50% off in order to avail the discount kindly call us back at [Edited: "Personal Information"] from 8 AM to 5 PM Pacific standard time thank you and have a great day…”

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

339 Messages

Hello. 
We have a designated group who love to hear from you about this matter and look further into this for you. They are the Comcast Security Assurance team. This team is a dedicated group of security professionals who respond to issues pertaining to phishing, spam, infected computers (commonly referred to as bots), online fraud, and other security issues. You may reach them by calling: 1-866-947-8572 or you can email abuse@comcast.net and attach all evidence you can provide us to support the investigation. Please let me know if you find this information useful, we are here on social media 24/7 for you. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I just got a call about the same promotion. They want 10 months up front in exchange for the 50% off (obvious red flag). The phone number was [Edited: "Personal Information"].  I asked them for the last 4 digits of my account number which they couldn't produce so I hung up. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityErika​ hopefully that team can see these posts. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

BEWARE,   Got a call saying 50% off (SCAM)and sorry, but I knew xfinity would never offer that much off a monthly bill for any reason, other than a court  order. so I ignored it, but I  wanted to report it as I didnt see these numbers in other emails.  the number to call was [Edited: "Personal Information"]. Call was from [Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

47 Messages

2 years ago

It definiteley seems to be an inside job .

I called several times earlier in the month to try and get a better price for my bill. Then coincedenteley I not only receive the scam Target gift card call but most glarinigly my bill is paid in the EXACT amount due.

Xfinity keeps a call log of correspondece with customers and should go back to the operators I spoke to and find the culprit.

I did not give out any of my personal information but they were still able to get into my account and pay my bill. So what other information of mine is vulnerable due to Xfinity.

As one of the biggest media companies in the world the lack of protecting customers' accounts is stunning.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I also got the same message on 10/11/22 for  50% discount - Exact wording also. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I’ve been getting this call a lot. They called today and I let it go to VM because it came from Traverse City, MI. I searched the number they gave and it wasn’t Xfinity’s number. I saw in the message they used the word “kindly” which is common in some countries that scams come from. It’s usually a confirmation that it’s a scam. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I just got same call. I played along with them and called them back. They said there is a joint promotion with American Express to save 50% on my bill. They asked for my address to look up my account and I gave them a fake one. They came back and called me by a different name so I think maybe they have customer info. He said I need to buy a AE gift card to make an advance payment for the discount. I played along a while [Edited: "Language/Inflammatory"].

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here