U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, July 13th, 2021 10:29 PM

Closed

Property Damage Claim

I have tried several times to have this resolved, so now I will be posting complaints over the internet in hopes of making progress. 

I had an installation done in March (29) of 2021. A paid installation. A terrible installation from the start. First, the sub-contractor (TriWire) who came out didn't have the equipment he needed (tools or the right address order), didn't know we were in a two-story house, or that it was a new install needed to have wires run from the road. We asked if he was new to the job when he didn't have drill bits to get through the walls or floors, he said he wasn't. His supervisor said he wasn't when we asked later on. Then, after starting the job (which took a total of 6 hours for 3 cable boxes to be installed), is where the main problem started. 

The installer drilled from our basement UP through the floor to place the new cable lines. He placed holes in bad spots, and FINALLY got a third hole close enough to the wall and right spot for the main TV. Of the two poorly drilled holes, one ended up in the middle of my living room in front of my staircase (6-10" from the bottom stair) in our antique house and floors (built in 1850s!). The floor is splintering because he drilled UP from the basement, instead of drilling down from the living room (which would have prevented all of problems). Another employee showed up at the end of the installation to see if he needed help (almost 6 hours after the start of the install). The installer tried to leave without fastening the cable wire through the house (leaving it loose in each bedroom), after 6 hours he forgot he needed to do this.  

A complaint was filed with comcast/xfinity that night because of the floor damage. They said the issue would be resolved by April 12th. 

A TriWire "manager" came out to inspect the damage several days later. He said he would be finding a floor repair guy to come out. He came out a second time to inspect the damage and take his own photos. He called a week later to say that he could not find anyone to come inspect the damage or provide a quote, but would keep looking. We did not hear from him again and communication went dead. After calling comcast again (about April 15) and then again, a NEW employee stopped by the house unannounced, to try to gain access and look at the damage. It was the middle of the day - and he was lucky that someone was home. We had already provided photos to the company and found this very unprofessional. He was not going to do anything but look at it again. So we sent him the photos, again. Another few weeks go by - and a few calls to xfinity/comcast to get an update on the status of the problem (April 28). The next time we talk to the guy he said he's found a guy to come look at the damage and provide estimate information (sometime in May I believe). The TriWire man was late to the appointment because he had to pick up the contractor - whom I assume does not have a drivers license. They show up at 11:30 AM  and the contractor is drunk as a skunk (no wonder he had to be picked up!). We called xfinity and complained as this was completely unacceptable. After they leave the house we inform the TriWire man that the contractor will not be working on the damage or allowed back to the house. He said he was handing it over to his supervisor. We contact him again after not hearing from him with 2 days, and he said he would check with his supervisor again. This was the last time we have talked to anyone from TriWire. I have called for a status update twice since I called to complain about the last incident (June 4 and Jul 2). Each time I was told that "there has been progress, on June 10 and June 16) - or some such dates. Each time I have been told someone will call me to inform me about what is going on, because APPARENTLY the people on the phone can't tell me what "progress" means. I have NEVER been on the receiving end of a phone call. 

I have continued to try to talk to comcast/xfinity about this and have called NO LESS than 6 times since March and these are only the records I can retrieve on my phone, not any other phones I've used to call. I have tried to talk to managers, supervisors, anybody WHO CAN JUST FIX THIS PROBLEM. But each time I get a "floor manager" who can't do anything BUT FILL OUT A NEW TICKET. It's infuriating. 

Not only did I pay to have someone damage our floors, I am now paying to have zero customer service.

The floors are antique. The house is historic. You hired the sub-contractor. Fix it. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hi there, @user_82b4cd, thanks for reaching out through our Xfinity Forums platform regarding the damage claim. I completely understand how frustrating it must be to have had to spend so much time on this repair claim. We know your time is valuable and we want to get this issue resolved for you. You have reached the right place! We would be happy to take a look at the claim for you to get this all resolved once and for all! 

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here