U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, August 21st, 2022 11:23 PM

Closed

Promotion

I was called yesterday with a 50% off promotion and was told to buy 2 target cards to activate it.  Is this a real promotion or a scam

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Did I Get A Scam/Spam Xfinity Sales Call?

Visitor

• 

47 Messages

2 years ago

I’ve been given two fraud ticket numbers by Xfinity/Comcast about the scam from their CSA department and still have not heard back from them. 
Their billing department has still not removed the unauthorized payment on my account either. 
Xfinity/Comcast should have to explain to the FTC about their lack of concern for their customers’s accounts. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I had called Comcast last week to get a reduced rate. I talked to them twice on Wednesday.  On Thursday they called me to ask about my survey.  On Friday I got a call about the promotion with target.  I CALLED the real Comcast number and they verified  YES ITS A FRAUD!  But odd how they called and knew my last 4 digits of my acct number and address.  Is there someone working on the inside??? BEWARE!

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I was also called and offered the deal. This fraudulent company has my information and was able to hack into my COMCAST account to show my current balance as paid. It made no sense to pay $300 via Target gift cards. Xfinity! Step it up and protect my information.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

It definiteley seems to be an inside job .

I called several times earlier in the month to try and get a better price for my bill. Then coincedenteley I not only receive the scam Target gift card call but most glarinigly my bill is paid in the EXACT amount due.

Xfinity keeps a call log of correspondece with customers and should go back to the operators I spoke to and find the culprit.

I did not give out any of my personal information but they were still able to get into my account and pay my bill. So what other information of mine is vulnerable due to Xfinity.

As one of the biggest media companies in the world the lack of protecting customers' accounts is stunning.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

So, thanks to this thread I seem to have called target and canceled the target cards in time. (Thank you) But wait there is more! They have texted me from two different numbers saying something is wrong with my promotion payment. Offered me a lifetime offer for only 1400.00 so just get the extra 700.00 and fix the two cards that "are having issues". Comcast knows this is going on the person said they are looking into it. So here are the other numbers to add to that file Comcast.  Texted from [Edited: "Personal Information"] and [Edited: "Personal Information"] here is the message this morn

[Image Removed: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I received the same call.  Its alarming they knew what they knew. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I agree with these comments.  I was called a couple of weeks ago and didn't give them any info but the scammers knew my account balance and made a payment; of course, the payment was reversed a few days later because I didn't go through with the scam of buying Target gift cards.   I don't understand how they are getting our account information to pay the bill when they only have the phone number they called.  With this many comments, Xfinity needs to review security breaches.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Same thing happened this morning, got a voice mail from [Edited: "Personal Information"] saying my account may be eligible for a 50% discount on my bill. Told me to call [Edited: "Personal Information"]. Called and the guy asked me my address and informed me the phone I was using was not linked with the account and told me a member of the billing team would call me back. They never called back so I called them later, the same sounding man told me I was eligible for the promotion (which was for2 years) but there is a catch, I have to pay for 10 months in advance. At this point red flags went off in my head so I asked the man how do I know that this was in fact Comcast to which he started acting offended and started to say things like he worked for the company for 19 years and I could come down and meet him at his desk, he also asked how much my monthly bill was and after I told him he attempted to make it like he had that info and was confirming it as proof of him being Comcast I lead him on and told him I did not mean to offend him but I was just asking questions because there are scams out there, he seemed to not be offended any more so I asked him how I could take advantage of his offer, then came the confirmation I needed to hear to know it was a scam. He starts to tell me that this promotion is a Comcast/Target offer and something about how Target is financing it, and proceeds to ask if I have a Target near me. He then asked my zip code and tells me that a Walgreen store is nearby and I have to go there and buy gift cards to pay the 10 months advance. I then told him I am having red flags again he started to act desperate to keep me on the line and I could hear him telling me sir no as I hung up the call. DO NOT BUY GIFT CARDS TO PAY ANY BILL, NO COMPANY EVER DOES THIS.  

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

This is Very Disconcerting. I am also a victim (nearly) of this scam. It is extremely alarming the amount of information they had on my Xfinity account. —How long I had been a customer and how much my bill was monthly. It is horrifying to know they can literally manipulate my television and show me my account balance, later showing my account had been credited for this months bill and showed a $100.00 credit to my account. I went to Xfinity directly, online and it confirmed the amounts. What really upsets. E is to read these posts and realize this scam has been going on for months and Xfinity customers have not been warned. What kind of costumer service is that?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here