U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, August 21st, 2022 11:23 PM

Closed

Promotion

I was called yesterday with a 50% off promotion and was told to buy 2 target cards to activate it.  Is this a real promotion or a scam

This conversation has been merged. Please refer the main conversation:

Did I Get A Scam/Spam Xfinity Sales Call?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

YEP, major scam. Don't get sucked in on a deal too good to be true. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

We received the same call tonight and we were afraid it was a scam. Was told we only have two hours to pay for the deal and if we didn't pay we would have over $350.00 pentalty charged to our account. Needless to say we will not be paying.  Thank you for posting the other remarks on this deal.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I was contacted regarding this 50% discount.  A very professional voicemail.  Called the [Edited: "Personal Information"] number back and the agent was able to see my Xfinity account - including my name, address, last bills, method of payment.  He also asked to verify my age...  His offer was great 1.2GB for $55/month after prepaying $550 for the initial 10 months, and the $55 rate will be applicable for next 2 years.  I'm now concerned for all my information stored by Xfinity.  Additionally, I am suspect of Xfinity's Security Services' capabilities.  This is very, very disturbing.   

(edited)

Visitor

• 

47 Messages

@user_ae1838  

It definitely seems to be an inside job. 

I called several times earlier in the month to try nd get a better price for my bill. Then coincidentally I not only receive the scam Target gift card call but most glaringly my bill is paid in the EXACT amount due.

Xfinity keeps a call log of correspondence with customers and should go back to the operators I spoke to and find the culprit.

I did not give out any of my personal information but they were still able to get into my account and pay my bill. So what other information of mine is vulnerable due to Xfinity?

As one of the biggest media companies in the world the lack of protecting customers' accounts is stunning.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I have had several calls. Target wants you to purchase the equivalent of 5 months of your cable bill and you will get a  50% discount on your cable bill for the next 2 years (the balance is to be paid by Target). Your can cancel anytime, etc. etc. The only problem is you must buy a gift card at Target nfor the value of 5 months of your cable bill to be spent only at Target to qualify for the promotion. No, the gift card cannot be applied toward your bill, but it can only be spent at Target. No one could tell me the date of expiration on this gift card, nor if the gift card has a monthly or yearly carrying fee, as some do. Also, buyer beware Target has lost a ton of money this past year, it has an excess of inventory, so expect big discounts in the store. Meanwhile, if you have the give card and the offer, and if Target declares bankruptcy, what becomes of the offer and gift card?

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

I just fell for it and lost $745!! I feel SO foolish, but they had my account information because they knew what I had just paid.

Contributor

• 

340 Messages

Oh no! @user_f62889 That is terrible. I am sorry to hear this happened  to you. Hopefully you can dispute the charge with your bank or credit card company. I also recommend reporting it to our fraud department. Here is the like to do so https://comca.st/3UHxbsU;

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

47 Messages

@XfinityYvonne​

t deffiniteley seems to be an inside job .

I called several times earlier in the month to try and get a better price for my bill. Then coincedenteley I not only receive the scam Target gift card call but most glarinigly my bill is paid in the EXACT amount due.

Xfinity keeps a call log of correspondece with customers and should go back to the operators I spoke to and find the culprit.

I did not give out any of my personal information but they were still able to get into my account and pay my bill. So what other information of mine is vulnerable due to Xfinity.

As one of the biggest media companies in the world the lack of protecting customers' accounts is stunning.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 years ago

Wish I would’ve researched this, I was scammed out of $745! It sounded so real and the phone numbers you called all seemed connected to Xfinity. I’ll never trust anyone ever again.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I fell for this scam due to going online to our account and seeing that it was paid in full! I have numbers etc. is there anything that can be done about this? I'm so upset over this.  Please let me know if there is anyone in any dept that I can talk to about this situation.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there @ccwilobe, I am so sorry to hear you were scammed out of money. You can always put in a claim with your bank. Also please visit https://comca.st/3Sl2Put our fraud page to learn more on what you can do to report this.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

47 Messages

@XfinityRoberto

It deffiniteley seems to be an inside job .

I called several times earlier in the month to try and get a better price for my bill. Then coincedenteley I not only receive the scam Target gift card call but most glarinigly my bill is paid in the EXACT amount due.

Xfinity keeps a call log of correspondece with customers and should go back to the operators I spoke to and find the culprit.

I did not give out any of my personal information but they were still able to get into my account and pay my bill. So what other information of mine is vulnerable due to Xfinity.

As one of the biggest media companies in the world the lack of protecting customers' accounts is stunning

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, 
This has happened to me as well. They had all of my account information without me having to provide any, and even paid/zero'ed my October bill which had not yet been paid to further their authenticity. ((How did they have access to do this?)); I was scammed; and Xfinity has committed to an internal investigation and at this time will not provide me a refund, credits, or any type of compensation to right the issue. I hope they can make this right to me and to everyone else that has been effected. -Crediting us a few months of service would be pennies to the company and save a lot of broken trust; if this is not fixed and reconciled soon I recommend a massive abandonment of Xfinity for this large of a data breach and violation. 

Visitor

• 

47 Messages

@user_e6eacf

As one of the biggest media companies in the world the lack of protecting customers' accounts is stunning

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

It just happened to me today, I got scammed $540 it look totally legit, They had all my Xfinity account information, my exact monthly fee.  It definitely there is a breach in Xfinity billing customer data, the paid my October bill as well and immediately received regular  Xfinity text message indicay 0 balance due, from regular Xfinity text messaging service.  Xfinity should take responsibility in reimbursing affected customers I have been a customer for over 10 years or credit to our monthly bill. I called and put a claim one customer service person told me that I could get a reimbursement let’s see. If not I will definitely consider changing companies.

I tried to stop the payment with Target but it was too late.

I can see that this has been happening for quite a while, why Xfinity don’t sent an email, text message blast alert. This is one of the biggest media companies in the world.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_4386f7​ 

I feel your pain!! They got me for $745 and I agree that Xfinity should have sent notices out quite some time ago!!

Visitor

• 

47 Messages

2 years ago

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I got the call today for Comcast/Target promotion and to prepay $581. for next 3 months with Target prepaid card. I had a balance on my account and it was wiped out supposedly by the caller.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I agree with the "inside job" theory as the caller had account information that could only (IMO) be found with existing xfinity account information

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Well, I guess I'm a dumb A**.  :(    I went and got the two Target gift cards, and gave them to the "Xfinity billing" department.  They told me there was 1 more step and to hold for 'someone in else who had to confirm the discount.  While on hold, I got suspicious (finally) and googled the offer.  I found this web page and others and called Target's Gift card department who immediately shut the cards down.  Their customer service couldn't tell if the funds had been accessed as yet but I've received no fewer than 8 phone calls from the scammers in the last few minutes (not answering them) so fingers crossed that they didn't actually get access to my funds.  Target customer service said they would be in touch shortly, and that I should report this to the FTC, local law enforcement and my bank.  Why my bank?  Because I pay my Xfinity bill monthly from my bank account and the scammers knew the correct amount - HOW?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast! I am sorry to hear you were a victim of a scam call. You are in the right place and I am happy to assist you today. You can visit https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/protect-yourself-phone-scams to learn more about reporting this calls and how to protect your self. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

This is a fraud and scam. They pay your xfinity/comcast bill to gain your trust and then scam you on the Target card end. Report them to the FTC fraud dept and don't open any links on the email. This is the most common scam right now according to the reps at Xfinity.

Visitor

• 

47 Messages

2 years ago

Xfinity/Comcast is at fault for not doing anything about customers’ accounts being accessed with unauthorized payments. 
They are doing ZERO about this ongoing scam

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here