lkgrams's profile

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Saturday, August 19th, 2023 9:09 PM

Closed

Peacock Activation

Xfinity shows I claimed Peacock reward but it’s not true. I was able to activate but Peacock showed I had to pay. Called Xfinity cs gave me a ticket but nothing happened. Subscribed to Peacock & payed for 1 month only hoping that would help but still wanted me to pay each month.Called CS again no help. So as I understand if you pay Xfinity $20 a month to stream no problem getting Peacock, but if you are Platinum & pay over $200 a month we are not getting it anymore, just a few subscribers. So not right!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

137 Messages

1 year ago

Hello, @lkgrams. I understand it must be frustrating having to pay for something you should be getting with a promotion. Please allow me to take a look into this for you here.

Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I have the same issue. Xfinity took peacock away from my package, but supposedly I am granted access thru the rewards program. I jumped thru all the hoops but am still getting the activate message on TV whenever I try to watch it. Very frustrating. when in in the mood to watch a program, I don't feel like spending 20 minutes on my mobile or home computer trying to set it up. If I'm qualified to receive it, just give it to me. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@jdh Thanks for connecting with us here in our community. We would be happy to look into this Peacock issue for you. If we may, please send us a Direct Message with your name and address. We look forward to your reply. 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I'm having the same issue -- for months! -- and after six different Chat sessions, I'm still in limbo w/o resolution. I was even told on the 2nd or 3rd attempt to just subscribe and Xfinity would pay the monthly payment -- never happened and I kept getting charged by Peacock so I cancelled it.  Still hasn't been resolved.  and now the chat agent I'm speaking with wants me to provide my password....this is ridiculous.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us on our forums @user_2398ba! Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Press Enter to send it.

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityLinda​ 

Instead of making us jump through more hoops, can't you just fix it for us? Or send it to the appropriate person to fix it? I'm signed in, you know my address and who I am along with my Xfinity service status. We're supposedly eligible for it. Can't you be a good company and just make it so it comes on when we click on it?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

9/17/23 - I am a Diamond Rewards Member. I claimed my reward on 6/27/23 and received one email from Xfinity showing my updated statement with Peacock listed as $0.00 and a second email with activation instructions and links. With an Xfinity agent on the phone, she walked me through the steps to activate Peacock and it said "success". With her still on the phone with me I went to my TV to sign into my Peacock account & it said "Not Currently Subscribed", which it still says to this day. I have been on the phone with Xfinity 16 times since then each call lasting approximately 1-1.5 hours and more, each going through the same trouble shooting steps. The agents have created 6 EMC tickets, 1 INC ticket, 6 CR tickets and many promises of escalation to the "Back Office", the Advanced Repair Team, & the National Tech Support Team. There have been promises of follow up and return calls in 2-4 hrs or 24-48 hrs multiple times which never happened, with me waiting like a fool. I even received an email from Xfinity on 8/30/23 stating that my "Peacock has been successfully activated" on their end, just to have my hopes dashed once again. Every time I call the agents thank me for my 19(?) years of being a customer, but I certainly don't feel like my loyalty matter at all. I have asked for the Peacock banner to be resent hoping that might solve the problem, but it has not been sent. Will you please help me? I'm a senior citizen with health issues and cannot take much more of this stress. Thank you for your attention to this matter. (P.S. - The phone number listed on my account is a LANDLINE. I do not do text messaging. On occasion I receive a notification on the TV saying you don't have cell information for me. I hope no one is texting my landline!!)

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@x1ld Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums! You've definitely reached the right team of experts to assist. I'd like to get a closer look at things on my end, please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
 Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

FYI in case this helps someone else. After four months and many hours of trouble shooting & asking the Forum Agents for a follow-up, it finally was discovered that when I claimed the reward & was sent to sign in at Peacock, I had a typo in my email address and this created a new Peacock account. I had to have Peacock correct the email address where the reward was claimed. I could not get the live chat person to understand what I wanted, so I emailed their Help area where I could explain everything in detail and exactly what I needed to happen. I can now watch Peacock for free! BTW, the Forum Agents were very nice. They would check for updates from the engineers and let me know if anything was new. Finally they told me about the email error.

1 Message

I am having the exact same problem, did the same as you, and they wrote me back saying the issue was resolved and they were closing the ticket. I too never got the activation banner to click on. My mom is also a diamond member of 40 years and same at her house. Xfinity has the worst customer service around. They don't care about the customers time spent, wasted on them, with no resolution. I will keep after this issue also until I get a resolution. Seems they would at least try to alert the REWARDED CUSTOMER about their lack of knowledge to resolve the issue.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_gfm705, Thanks for reaching out to our team and alerting us that you're still having an issue after having a ticket resolved. I am happy to review your account to help. We appreciate your mother for being with us over forty years which is pretty exceptional!

Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

10 months ago

I took Peacock has a rewards but I can "t get it why not???

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hi, @user_w7wgpy! Thanks for taking the time out of your day to contact XFINITY for help with accessing Peacock. Just to confirm, you redeemed Peacock Premium as a reward, and you are not able to activate it. Does this sound correct?

1 Message

It has been one month now daily sometimes 2-3 times daily to ask to have the peacock activated. I have talked to 5 different people and no one can seem to help me. I too took the peacock as a reward and it has never worked. Im so frustrated regarding this issue. There has to be some way that you all should be able to fix this internally so that we can obtain this service. 

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

@user_ydatob, thank you for using the Community Forum to reach out. We would be more than happy to assist you with your Peacock related concerns. I totally understand the frustration with trying to get this free perk to work as advertised, as it is a great feature. We can definitely get you up and running though. Not every account has the same issue with the activation process, which is why although we have deployed multiple fixes some accounts still come across concern.

2 Messages

7 months ago

I’m having the same issue. I’ve been going back and forth in the DMs for support with no resolution. It says I’ve activated and I’ve checked every email address I own and peacock does not show any premium plans activated. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_8jjfxt thanks for reaching back out through Xfinity Forums! I would be happy to help with your activation if you are still having an issue. If you can just send us another Direct Message with your full name and full address?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here