U

Saturday, October 12th, 2024 12:26 PM

Outage

I have not been able to get in touch with an actual person. The chat assistant just keeps telling me there is an outage in my area and I cannot be connected with an agent. I am in an area affected by hurricane Milton. However there is no damage in my area. No debri, no flooding, no lines down, I never even lost power. I am going on day 3 with no service and all it tells my online is that service will be restored as soon as possible. Seeing that I’m still paying for my service, I would like at least a ballpark of how long I will be without it. It was restored for a couple of hours yesterday and then it suddenly went out again. I cannot get thru on the phone either to an actual person. It’s very frustrating and I would like to at least get an idea of how long my service will be out? 

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

6 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

6 days ago

user_446cc1 Please know that getting everyone back connected is always paramount. The safety of our crews is something that is always number one, we are not able to dispatch any teams until there has been an all clear on all power related repairs to begin our work. Regardless if your location has power, the commercial power grid that powers our equipment is not restored yet. Unfortunately, as of now, we do not have an update for you. Hurricanes are an extremely tough situation to recover from. Thanks for reaching out. For the latest updates on Storm Milton, head to https://florida.comcast.com/2024/10/07/milton/. This blog will be updated until we get every customer back up and running.

1 Message

Why don't you have backup power and generators.  And how can other internet providers maintain service and you can't.    The time we need you the most and you failed. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hello there! Thanks for also using our Forums and our team is here to help if you are also impacted user_97erh3. Please let us know so we can work together.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

5 days ago

Also very frustrated! Even more frustrating when we can't talk with someone. I work from home and need the Internet or I can't work. I lose money every day I don't have Internet. Now, I have to use gas, which is a commodity, to go 30 miles to set up my desktop computer to work. I get safety is a priority and I respect that, but your customer service lacks sorely! At least keep us informed. Will it be days or weeks? You have to have a rough idea. Power company can get the man power. Frustrated in Florida 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here