Outage map

Why does the outage map only show my house

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

10 months ago

Hello user_yxqmbd

Our interuption map would typically show which of your services are afffected in the area. We do have an amazing breakdown of how this system works on our website. I included that link here below. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/check-service-outage

2 Messages

thank you for explaining but I'm not sure that really helps I checked out the outage map today and it looks identical to the on yesterday except for the green box above the map that says everything ok where yesterday it was a red box saying there  was a problem. It also had the legend showing the open circle to closed circle indicating number of people affected. Today of course zero people affected but yesterday I,m sure there were many but there was no indication on the map I know from years back the map  showed the area that was affected in red so yo could get an idea of how vast the outage was. Now the only thing I saw on the map was the little house icon which was the same purple as the closing circle on the legend but there was no closing circle on the map no purple areas to maybe indicate what part of the area was out the only purple on the map was my house. So what was I to think it only affected my house? And nothing says click house symbol which I can't remember if I tried that yesterday. I tried today and nothing happened but that could be cause there's no problem but also today my house icon is black not purple.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

We are glad to take a closer look at this for you @user_yxqmbd.  Please feel free to shoot us a DM so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.9K Messages

10 months ago

It has mainly just shown your local area. You used to be able to somewhat scroll/zoom, but they removed that a long time ago.

3 Messages

9 months ago

Right! Makes you think that only you have a problem! Plus they won’t answer the phone or text when there’s an outage! [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here