U

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 4:13 PM

Outage in Houston

Hello, we had our power restored on Sunday and have not yet had internet service restored. On Tuesday night I called the 1800 number and got an ETA of 9:20PM that night but we still do not have internet service (calling now only gives the ETA as "as soon as possible").

Would it be possible to let me know when internet service is expected to be restored? Or at least what is causing the delay?

Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

24 days ago

Hello @user_1vw5mu

The best place to view your status connection is here https://www.xfinity.com/support/status. If you have already been given the eta of "as soon as possible" your account will state the same thing and will not receive a new update until the techs on the ground update this information.  If you'd like, You can sign up to receive an automated text message once the issue clears up. You can also request an adjustment for an interruption by visiting https://comca.st/3SbYB8I, scroll to the bottom where it says, "Tips in case of an outage" and you should see a blue hyperlink that says "Check eligibility" A form will launch for you to fill out and provide details about the interruption/ dates.

3 Messages

Understood, thank you. Is there a way to know when the techs on the ground will be able to look at it? The ETA has been "as soon as possible" since Tuesday night.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_1vw5mu, Great question. We are provided with the same information on our end. However, I will be happy to pull up the account to take a look at what's going on to confirm the details. To get started, please feel free to send us a direct message with your first/last name and full address. You can start by clicking the "direct message" icon on the upper right page of the forum page. Once you click on that, input our shared handle "Xfinity Support" to send us a direct message. If you're signed in to your forums profile and because you have already posted to the public page, you should have the option to do so.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

I don’t see a “direct message” icon on the upper right hand side of the forum page 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

I see that you're having trouble finding the 'Direct Message' icon @user_4x76qd. To confirm, are you currently logged in? What web browser are you using? 

(edited)

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

I’m using Safari as a web browser 

2 Messages

24 days ago

We’ve had power since late Thursday night. Yes, we’ve been very fortunate. Unfortunately, we’ve been without our xfinity service for a week today with zero estimate for when it will be restored. Actually, the service was restored yesterday for a few hours until the outage occurred again. At some point this service failure can’t be blamed on the storm anymore. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_kyo95m,Thanks for visiting our forums page. We hope that you stayed safe during the recent severe weather. Our crews continue to make repairs to our network as affected areas are declared safe and power is restored. Even if your home has power, the Xfinity network serving your neighborhood may not. We appreciate your patience and are working as quickly as we can get your services back up and running. To help everyone stay connected, Xfinity WiFi Hotspots remain open to the public. Get more information here at this link.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there! Just wanted to check in on you to see how you're doing. 

5 Messages

23 days ago

I am so disappointed with Xfinity.  When this is all said and done, we will be switching our account. It has now been one week without service snd little reassurance of when we will be back on line. I think Xfinity/Comcast could do better!!!

1 Message

23 days ago

Same here. This is so frustrating, the internet will come off/on through the day. It will only stay on for a few minutes and then connection issue again. Some people work remotely and rely on internet. When I call it just sends me to an automated message. I’m about to switch asap! This has been way too long. Zip for me is 77044 

1 Message

It’s been the same way for me. I’ve been out without Internet for a week now and I’ve been calling them. Don’t say anything even the text message It sent me direct to automatically 

Official Employee

• 

550 Messages

Hey there, user_7bbzo2! Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to us here. I am sorry to hear about the connection concerns with the services. We can certainly dive into the details of your account with you and provide details. Can you please send us a DM to get started? 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

1 Message

23 days ago

I never even lost power but I’ve been without internet since last Thursday. I keep getting notifications that it will be restored but no actual evidence that it’s even being worked on or ETA on when it will be restored. I have used up all my data on my phone just so I can hotspot to my computer and actually do my job for the past week. This is unacceptable considering what I pay every month. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_oi9ctc - Our hearts go out to those affected by the recent severe weather, and we hope they and their loved ones remain safe. Getting our customers connected as quickly as possible is a top priority. The most effective way to get outage updates for your area and information about your service is to visit xfinity.com/outage or use the Xfinity app. Please also see https://texas.comcast.com/alerts/ for more details.

Expert

• 

30.5K Messages

@user_oi9ctc​ 

I never even lost power but I’ve been without internet since last Thursday. I keep getting notifications that it will be restored but no actual evidence that it’s even being worked on or ETA on when it will be restored. I have used up all my data on my phone just so I can hotspot to my computer and actually do my job for the past week. This is unacceptable considering what I pay every month. 

I can assure you that this outage isn't being done as something to "stick" to the customers.  Considering the flooding that happened during the storm a lot of Comcast's equipment was probably flooded out as well and will take extensive repairs in order to get back up and running and get internet restored as quickly as possible.  Don't forget that you're not the only one that was impacted by the rain and flooding; Comcast employees and their families were also impacted, and there are only so many of them that are able to get out and cover all the areas that need to be restored; the Houston area has 2.5+ million people, not all of which are Comcast customers, but even at 1.5 million customers how many employees do you think are working throughout the area to get everything back up and rolling?

Sorry, I don't mean to be rude, and I do understand where you're coming from, but try looking at the larger picture.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

5 Messages

Why keep sending texts that say service is restored when it is definitely not?

No time estimate for repair.  I did see a 9:40pm time quoted for couple nights ago, now it's just ASAP.

We're still out, Saturday, May 25th at 4pm.  Down since Thursday evening, the 16th.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I’m in Houston, no internet still. My next door neighbor with Xfinity got it back Wednesday. Xfinity provides no means to contact them, just awful customer relations. As a result I have dropped them and switched to att, to connect next week. At this rate Xfinity may be out weeks, do they even know what the problems are?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

The idiotic email from Xfinity saying all customers are restored is another reason why I dropped.

1 Message

22 days ago

How can I use my Xfinity phone to stream since we have no Internet 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_0xal3c - You can review what you'll need to stream programs using the Xfinity Steam app using the link below
(https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/getting-started-xfinity-tv-mobile-app)

1 Message

21 days ago

Been without since last Thursday night. The "as soon as possible" is ludicrous. If I could get another provider in here today I would.

This is worse than the Centerpoint map.

My payment just processed today - $273.

My mom is 92 and she has no landline.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

20 days ago

[Edited: "Solicitation"]

This is embarrassing and unacceptable, Xfinity.

(edited)

1 Message

19 days ago

Still without internet in the 77008 area. When will this be restored? Word on the street is that the Xfinity line had been cut. It'd be nice if Xfinity could communicate the issue with their customers. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

user_mndwna We hope that you stayed safe during the recent severe weather. Our crews continue to make repairs to our network as affected areas are declared safe and power is restored. Even if your home has power, the Xfinity network serving your neighborhood may not. We appreciate your patience and are working as quickly as we can get your services back up and running. To help everyone stay connected, Xfinity WiFi Hotspots remain open to the public. Get more information here: https://texas.comcast.com/alerts/

I'm happy to take a look at your services, and see if there is an ETA on when services are expected to be restored. Can you please send a Direct Message with your name and service address? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

@user_mndwna​ same neighborhood, where/when did you hear about a line being cut? Asking as my internet very suddenly went away over the weekend (2-3 days ago) and has not come back. It was working perfectly fine after power was restored.

3 Messages

19 days ago

Power was restored last Tuesday in 77008 and internet immediately came back as well, working almost flawlessly. Then suddenly over the weekend, the internet just stopped working. When I went to report the outage, the system told me there were no outages nearby, despite the map clearly showing other parts of the Heights and Rice Military having hundreds of outages reported. Now, the map is reporting planned maintenance in our area to begin Thursday night.

Troubleshooting apparently revealed it is an "external connection issue". But we have had everything set up exactly the same since we moved in almost a year ago, when the equipment was brand new. With no techs available until early next week and the public hotspots not strong enough for anything more than web surfing, I can only hope the issue gets resolved soon.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

721 Messages

@sgott2017​ thank you for taking time out of your day to reply to this post. I hope you and your family are doing well after the severe weather in the area. Working from home myself, I completely understand the importance of having your home network up and running. 

From experience, when I have seen "external connection issues", this is normally due to outside the home issues. Such as wiring, connections, up the area equipment (node). And based on the update you provided about upcoming maintenance, this work was likely scheduled due to a regular service visit wouldn't be able to fix the issue. 

Technician appointments can get booked up quickly when multiple locations are being affected, and know you mentioned availability wasn't until next week. Once you do have an appointment on the books, you can sign up for the appointment waitlist, if a sooner appointment becomes available you will receive a text, and then have 30 minutes to accept the new time, if you don't reply in time the original appointment time frame will be kept.

- waitlist:https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/appointment-waitlist

(edited)

3 Messages

Thank you sir for the info. Very helpful.

Official Employee

• 

721 Messages

@sgott2017 you're welcome. With the upcoming maintenance work scheduled, I'd like to check back in with once that has been completed. If you're still experiencing issues, we can get an appointment scheduled if you already don't have one. Since I will need to gather some information to locate your account, and we don't want that in our public conversation. 

When you have time, please send a direct message: 

To send a direct message: 

• Click the "Direct Message" icon in the upper right - it looks like a chat bubble  

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon just to the right of Conversations

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line - do not use the Employee's name!

• Press Enter to send it

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name, the account holder name (if different), and the service address. 

1 Message

17 days ago

how can I get information on when the outage be resolved in our area? It has been almost a week now since our internet worked.

Official Employee

• 

708 Messages

user_r3g5bj Hi there! I understand how crucial having internet access is and am happy to help take a look at your services, and see if there is an ETA on when services are expected to be restored. Can you please send a Direct Message with your name and service address? 

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

1 Message

17 days ago

Will Xfinity customers be refunded for the time of service interruption on their bill?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_r8c7aq You are welcome to visit: https://www.xfinity.com/support/status?linkId=175155990 to request a credit for the time without service.

(edited)

1 Message

15 days ago

Hello, 

Internet services have not been available at my address for the past 4 days as well: I have been watching the status of the outage on the Xfinity website and I got a text message yesterday from Xfinity saying that the outage had been resolved when it hasn't. An expected time for the outage to be fixed will be posted for my address, but then it keeps getting delayed.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_n09mvo - Thank you for your feedback. I know I'd be wondering what is going on too. I'd be happy to check and also enroll you in another text notification if needed. Please send a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forum's page.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here