wls1515's profile

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, October 26th, 2021 5:13 PM

Closed

Old and new xfi pods not working together

I have one newer generation xfi pod and two old ones (in a three-story house). The old pods stop working frequently, and I have to do the whole routine of unplugging, restarting, re-plugging, etc. that Xfinity support recommends. I have gone through this routine so many times while the family waits impatiently that now I give up. I unplugged the old pods, and if we can't get signal everywhere...well that is just the new normal we have to live with. Is this a problem that can be fixed?

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

3 years ago

Hi, @wls1515. The older pods may affect the performance of the newer pods, the Xfinity app may actually recommend disconnecting the old pods. From what you're stating though it's the older ones that aren't working? Does your Xfinity app give you any errors or recommendations based on the pods? 

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

The app just recommends the restart routine.

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Were you having connection issues before getting the additional (new) pod? To confirm does the connection completely drop in those areas or does it just run slow where the 1st generation pods are? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

I don't recall if I was having connection problems before I got the newer pod. We started using the basement level more last year, which led me to get an extra pod. And it sounded like the new pod was the way to go. So that is what I added.

In most all cases, the wired connections are always good. Since adding the newer pod, it is just the wifi signal that is intermittent and/or slow and/or droping. This was almost daily for months. It is actually difficult to tell if it is dropping intermittently or just slow...although, the old pods sometimes blink, so I guess that means totally dropped. And, left alone for an hour, the wifi might work fine again. I don't want to go backward and remove the new gen pod. If anything, I'd rather eventually move to all second-gen pods.

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

735 Messages

@wls1515

I can certainly appreicate you don’t want to go backwards at all and our goal is to fix this so you have the best connection you have ever had. For testing purposes, have you tried disconnecting this new X-Fi Pod from your network and seeing how the rest work? That can definitively help determine if this specific pod is the issue or if it may be something coincidental and unrelated in the network.

I no longer work for Comcast. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here