F

Monday, January 22nd, 2024 2:04 PM

Closed

NO updates

In 97225. No Internet for 9 days! No update on site. No update in app. No update on the phone. MAKE COMCAST A UTILITY SO THEY HAVE TO SUPPORT THEIR CLIENTS FAIRLY!!

Accepted Solution

7 Messages

7 months ago

My Internet was restored the same day that I made these posts and Xfinity was unable to provide an update.

Would you please communicate more effectively with your repair crews who should be able to provide a daily update with an estimate of completion?  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @FrustratedGettingAngry, thanks for reaching out. Services may be out in your area due to a number of reasons, including but not limited to weather, power interruptions or other outside factors. When a service loss is declared in an area, our teams are notified and will work as quickly and safely as possible to ensure everyone is back up and running. We offer convenient self-service options to check service interruptions through My Account, the My Account App, or the Xfinity Status Center at http://www.xfinity.com/support/status. This is where you would get the most up-to-date information including ETAs. This is the same information all representatives have as well. Credits are applied once the service loss in the area is cleared.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

457 Messages

8 months ago

Hi there @FrustratedGettingAngry I apologize for the experience. I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support.

To send a direct message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

7 Messages

This isn’t just about me. I will not send you a DM. You’re trying to separate us to weaken our comments. Post updates to your outage map and in the forum!!!

Official Employee

• 

457 Messages

8 months ago

@FrustratedGettingAngry That is not our intent. Anytime there is a service issue, it helps to review the account to gain a complete picture, which can include account-specific information, which should remain private.

The XFINITY Status Center is the best place for updates. You can also request a credit for the downtime in the service center once services are restored. You can access the status center here:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/status

7 Messages

I followed your instructions and sent this direct message 

I’m at MY ADDRESS Portland, OR 97225. I was told in the forum to send a direct message requesting an update on when I will have Internet at my house?

7 Messages

Here is the response I received from my direct message:

I am diving into your account right now, and we are showing that the location is triggered in the entire area wide interruption due to the sever weather. Our maintenance crews are working around the clock when it is safe to bring services back online. There are some restrictions with accessing locations safely or debris blocking the roads to access our main connections. At this time, there is not an ETA to have everything restored but I am confident our crews will update the ticket as quickly as possible with any new information. We do recommend continuing to monitor the interruption map as that is going to be the best place for real time updates.

7 Messages

when can I get an update instead of this generic response?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

The Oregon market is working as fast and safe as possible to restore services to the area. 

You can find more information about the area wide service interruption here. Comcast Oregon

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

7 Messages

That article is 2 days old. I’m asking for a neighborhood update similar to PGE. Not a high expectation 

1 Message

7 months ago

The latest update screwed everything up. I just want to turn on my TV and watch, not have to go through finding my html 2 link to get started

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_kmqf0s,

Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Community Forums support page. We would be more than happy to assist with any issues you may be experiencing. Could you please provide further detail so we may best assist you?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here