K

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, September 24th, 2022 6:17 AM

Closed

New build construction no internet

Hello,

I recently closed on a new build condo and xfinity had guys come out this past week to successfully connect the cable to our building and wire everything up.
The cable installation guys told me that this work had been completed and that the only thing left was for xfinity to update their system to allow all our residents to be able to order/install internet into each of our units. This has not been done and it’s been over 48 hours since the building installation was complete. 

I need this expedited pronto if possible because I work from home full time and my ATT hotspot data plan is about to run out. 

I did open a ticket with Xfinity in regards to adding my unit to the availability list however they keep telling me it won’t get done until October 5th which based on the information I disclosed above is unacceptable. Wondering if I could get direction on who to talk to speed up this process. Thanks! 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

2 years ago

Congrats on the new place! I want to be sure we can get everything figured out for you with your service. Please send me a Direct Message with your name and service address and the ticket number if you have it so that I can fully dive into this for you! I will leave you instructions on how to initiate the message with us! I look forward to working with you soon!

- Click "Sign In" if necessary
- Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
- Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
- Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
- Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
- Press Enter to send your message

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you Hunter. I am checking on the ticket now. Just as a friendly FYI, this is not a traditional chat platform. It also takes a little time to find and familiarize ourselves with specific accounts, so that we can provide the best and most accurate assistance. So there may be delays between responses. The beauty of this platform though, is that once you make it here, you won't be disconnected.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for your patience. I am showing that the current cable construction project is not complete on our end which is why you were provided the date of 10/5/22. This is directly from the planning and design engineer and we are unable to expedite a sooner date. I would be happy to follow up at that time to check on the address being added to the biller. I totally get how this is not the best answer or the most desirable and I am really sorry. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

I appreciate your feedback but this is still unacceptable. Could you provide me contact information on the engineering end that I can reach out to?

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

We do understand the importance of fast reliable internet in today's connected world.

We, as a company, totally understand that our customers depend on us and our services for all aspects of their lives. Each of our employees, at every point in the process, want to get you connected as quickly as possible. When it comes to new constructions or remodels, our Engineer, Planning, and Design team is in control. We do not have a direct number to the team that we can provide. We appreicate your patience and understanding. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

could you get me access to the Xfinity Wifi Hotspot stuff? I see a xfinity hotspot near my location just dont have any way to authenticate with it

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

In order to access our Wi-Fi hotspots, you'd need a Xfinity internet account at least pending. Since the address is not in our systems yet, we wouldn't be able to get you access to those hotspots. However, once we sign you up for our services, you can create the needed login information. I know new construction can take some time and it's not ideal. We do appreciate your patience and understanding! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thanks for your assistance, I have filed a complaint with the FCC. 

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here