U

2 Messages

Sunday, August 13th, 2023 6:26 PM

Closed

Need to Remove free Peacock Premium plan from Xfinity - Please Help

I used to have a Peacock Premium Plus account that I enrolled in directly with peacocktv.com.  It was the no-ad plan, and it was great.

Unfortunately, I signed up for the free Peacock Premium account offer from Xfinity.  Afterward, I found out it is not possible to add the “Plus” portion to the free Xfinity Premium plan.

I want to downgrade/cancel the free Peacock Premium account that is linked to Xfinity.  Like other customers, I have not found a way to do this.  I go back and forth between Peacock & Xfinity trying all the instructions they give, and nothing works.

What can I do to remove my Peacock account from Xfinity?  I want it to be canceled so that I can go back to my original paid account directly with Peacock. 

I should have kept the paid account I had directly with Peacock.  Please Help! Thank you in advance

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

10 months ago

Hello @user_aa0034, thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums. You should be able to cancel Peacock Premium by following this 'Manage Your Peacock Subscription on Xfinity' article: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-manage-subscription

6 Messages

Xfinity is trying to force clients to use Peacock through them & will not cancel their free subscription. This is illegal & Xfinity should be reported 

1 Message

@XfinityMartyR​ that only works if you have streaming or tv box.

2 Messages

10 months ago

Thank you for your quick response!  I have already tried to cancel the subscription in the article you suggested above.  Here is what happened when I tried to Manage my Peacock Subscription:

Per the article:

Part 1:

If you sign up for Peacock directly with Peacock (which I initially did) you will be billed by Peacock and can use your credentials to login to your X1 TV Box.  I was previously able to do this and watch my Peacock Plus on any device - X1, Roku, etc.   The instructions in the article say that you have to visit peacocktv.com to manage your subscription.  That worked until I accepted the free Peacock Premium subscription from Xfinity.  Now when I login to peacocktv.com, it says that my subscription is managed by Xfinity, and I need to manage it via Xfinity.  The link they provide goes to the main Xfinity home page.  No directions, instructions, or reference to managing my Peacock account.  Peacock Customer Service said I needed to handle it with Xfinity and provided instructions of how to do so. 

Part 2:

Per the article referenced above, if your Peacock subscription is billed by Xfinity, you can check and change your subscription on your X1 TV Box.  The directions to do so are detailed in the article above and are the exact instructions provided by Peacock Customer Service.   These instructions should work because my subscription is now managed by Xfinity.  I followed the instructions and went to the "Apps & Subscriptions" menu on my X1 Box.   In this section, I am supposed to see a Peacock Subscription listed.  The directions say that I can "Check the Status of Your Peacock Subscription".  After I do that, I can select "Change Plan", then "Unsubscribe" to cancel my Xfinity/Peacock connection.  Then I simply return to peacocktv.com, login, reactivate my subscription (Peacock Premium Plus) and I am good to go.  The problem is that does not work because a Peacock Subscription is not in my "Apps & Subscriptions" section.  I cannot manage a Peacock Subscription via my X1 TV Box because it does not exist.

I know my response is very long and very detailed.  I don't know of any other way to explain why the directions from Xfinity and Peacock do not work. I have followed all the suggestions/directions available multiple times and they do not work.  

Again, all I want to do isGet the free Peacock Premium subscription removed/disassociated/divorced/etc. from Xfinity.  Please advise how to get that accomplished.  Thank you

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_aa0034  I appreciate you circling back in such great detail. This truly does help give us a full view of what we see. It also helps others who will see this post later on if they have the same issue. At this point, I'll try to dive in on my to help navigate this further. 

I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@user_aa0034​ 

Hello. I'm not sure if you ever found a resolution to this problem or not. I have been trying to do the same thing for a couple days now. I only have Xfinity gig internet, no box at all. 

I finally just decided to make a new email & pay for premium plus for a year. The part that might deter people from doing this is everything in My Stuff has to be put back on. I did this by simply taking pictures of everything in there, then putting them back in on the new account. But I only had about 45 in there. Not all went back on because some I had already watched. It's a little bit of a PITA, but that's the only way I could do it.

I do agree that it should be way simpler to switch, but until then.

6 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ You only want people to reach out directly because you won’t do anything & are forcing them to keep Peacock through Xfinity. It sounds like there is compensation that Xfinity is given from Peacock which is wrong & illegal. 

1 Message

@XfinityVianney​ I have the same problem. I’ve reached out to chat multiple times (and to Peacock directly who just refers me back to xfinity) and I get transferred around to different departments with no resolution. I was just trying to upgrade originally to be able to watch the today show but now I just want to cancel after realizing it is only temporarily free accoding to my xfinity bill. All of the above steps regarding where you should be able to see the subscription are not useful and the subscription is not listed under “apps and subscriptions”. 

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

Hello @user_bcq41p! Thanks for reaching out on our Forums. We appreciate you being a customer with us and my team is here to support you. Thanks for trying the steps to get Peacock removed on your end, but I am sorry to hear it did not work. Please send us a Direct Message so that we can better assist you. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

10 months ago

I’m in the same boat. Was in the phone for 3 hours and got no where. Was told I have to create a new peacock account with a different email.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@lgumienny Thank you so much for your post for help with managing your Peacock subscription. If you are not seeing the option in your X/flex box options with your application subscriptions confirm that you are not able to manage your account here peacocktv.com If you are still not able to manage your subscription please make sure you are referencing our FAQ page for our recent changes to make sure you are not missing an option. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-subscription-faqs 

If you are still not able to redeem/manage your Peacock offer 

send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message. 

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: • Click "Sign In" if necessary • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

This is the exact problem. None of you support people listen to us.

We are all talking about the free 2 years premium that is give to gig speed customers. 

Once we accept that offer there is nothing that tells us we can’t upgrade to ad free after accepting the offer. 

And not one member of Xfinity knows how to cancel it off our plans. They all say it’s part of your plan we can’t remove it.

I had to go and permanently delete my peacock account lose all my viewing history and start over. [Edited: "Inflammatory"]

I promise you this will make you lose a lot of customers.

(edited)

6 Messages

@XfinityAmandaB​ Xfinity support COULD NOT help me. They told me to contact peacock 🤣 This is nothing but a wild goose chase. You can go back and forth many times with no resolution. Why is this so difficult??

1 Message

10 months ago

I have experienced the same issue.  I have been trying for two hours from chat to the phone and nothing. 

This should not be an issue.  I’m reaching out to FTC - future specials and offers should not cause a time and financial burden on the customer.  

Removing the account should be as simple as adding. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good afternoon @user_7db4e8, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums regarding your issues. We are sorry to hear that you are also having trouble managing your Peacock subscription. To confirm, are you trying to upgrade or cancel your Peacock plan? 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

@user_7db4e8​ Comcast’s chat is incompetent and worthless.  Calling and asking for a live agent won’ t get you one that knows anything and they make you wait so long for an agent, so you give up and go to the text option, which again, is worthless 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Our team would be happy to look into your Peacock subscription issues @gdm27. To get started, please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account.  To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

10 months ago

Same boat and I am canceling xfinity due to this entire peacock cluster

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there, @user_aa0034. I am sorry to hear that you want to cancel your services. We can help you with Peacock or with making changes to your account. Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

(edited)

3 Messages

Already tried and you all were no help.   Just keep giving the same instructions that do not work.   I just want peacock removed from my account and it seems canceling xfinity is my only option.   You all have made lots of customers very unhappy!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

I sincerely apologize that you have not gotten the help that is needed to get Peacock removed from your account, @user_43ab88. I am also a customer and would be frustrated by that as well. We are able to assist you with this so you can sign up through Peacock for a Premium Plus plan. Some subscriptions need to be removed from our billing system, in an order, instead of through the Manage Subscription section. If you change your mind and would like our assistance, feel free to send through a DM. We are happy to get this resolved for you.  

1 Message

10 months ago

I'm having the exact same issue with trying to upgrade Peacock to Premium Plus. It sounds like canceling your Xfinity service is the only way forward.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @SaltyCeezy, thanks for reaching out for help with your Peacock Premium Plan. By chance have you already tried to cancel Peacock Premium by following this 'Manage Your Peacock Subscription on Xfinity' article: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-manage-subscription?

If you sign up for Peacock through your Xfinity X1 or Xfinity Flex TV Box, you’ll be billed by Xfinity, and you can manage your Peacock subscription plan through your TV Box. This includes viewing, upgrading, downgrading or canceling your subscription.

If you signed up for Peacock directly with Peacock, you’ll be billed by Peacock and can use your existing credentials to log in on X1 or Flex. However, you’ll need to visit peacocktv.com to manage your subscription.

If you have already tried this, and you are still having trouble removing your premium plan, please use the chat icon in the upper right to enter Direct Messaging and send us a message with your full name and full address.

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click the "direct messaging" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

Please let me know if you have any questions or run into any problems. 

2 Messages

Has there been any resolution to this? I have run into the same problem and cannot remove Peacock Premium from my account. I don't have a streaming box so I can't login to remove it from my subscriptions. There is nowhere to cancel on Xfinity.com and PeacockTV.com won't let me cancel because my account is now managed at Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you so much for using our Forums and contacting our Xfinity Support team @user_c7c09. We are sorry to hear about the issues with your Peacock and are happy to help. To get started please send us a private message and we are happy to dive into this. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) 

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityRyanE​ This is false information for anyone that has had PeacockTV Premium added for free as a gigabit customer.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

For me the offer of free Peacock was false information.  They tell me I’m eligible but refuse to provide it. 

1 Message

9 months ago

I am having the same issue of being duped into getting the peacock premium for 2 years offer from xfinity with the gig speed internet only to find out after that a can’t add on the ad free plan. I have tried the stupid xfinity assistant which is no help, I have tried calling, I have tried getting a supervisor to look into this and being told they would follow up in 48 hours only to not get a call back and the ticket has never been resolved and it has now been weeks. I have been a loyal customer for years and am seriously leaning towards cancelling both my Internet and mobile plans and going with a different company because I have spent way too many hours trying to fix this issue to just REMOVE the peacock premium from my account so I can just go back to peacock directly to get exactly what I want, and not feel like my account is being held hostage because no one knows what they are doing or how to remove this from my account when they wanted to add it super easily in a heartbeat.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

9 months ago

Glad I found this, spent hours on chat + phone support with Xfinity, support with Peacock directly, and even went into the Xfinity Store. 

What a total nightmare and waste of time this all is. Now I have to delete my Peacock account and start a new one, and lose all my profiles and show progress etc. 

Honestly hate Xfinity for this bait and switch, if I had any other good options for Internet I would 100% switch.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

9 months ago

Thank you everyone for confirming my nightmare.  I have also spent hours on chat and customer service lines.  I have also been to two different stores.  Everyone at xfinity treats you like you have no idea what you're doing when they are the ones who don't have a clue.  I find Xfinity customer service to be totally useless.  I will create a new email account and a new peacock account however Xfinity should be ashamed of putting their customers through this hassle

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello, @user_875438. That's certainly not the experience we want you to have. Were you looking to also remove Peacock Premium from your account like the original poster messaged? 

3 Messages

@user_875438​ I so agree.  This entire Peacock fiasco was so avoidable.  It should be made very clear that if you link your account you can not upgrade and will lose any upgraded plan you have.  I did set up a new plan with a different email and even though I moved over a month ago my old plan still shows active and billed through Xfinity.  So now I'm hoping it gets cancelled by Xfinity and doesn't start billing to me directly again!  Since I can't make changes through Xfinity or Peacock.  This really didn't need to be so difficult.

1 Message

What an absolute nightmare. Redeeming the promotion was a huge hassle, only to discover it doesn’t allow the upgrade to Plus that makes the damn thing watchable. Days of trying different kinds of support, all of which are terrible. They should just give us Premium Plus for free for the pain and suffering. 

1 Message

8 months ago

I am experiencing the exact same thing! I've been told by 2 people over the phone and one chat agent that this would all be resolved. This is an absolute nightmare and unprofessional way to conduct business. To tell people they have to start a whole new profile with Peacock is NOT okay! If Xfinity is going to bill peacock then they need to be able to resolve billing issues easier. I can't manage my Peacock account through my cable box, through my xfinity app or through xfinity online. I hope that I don't have to cancel services with xfinity like others have just to get control of my billing back!

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_7ab93r have you already tried to cancel Peacock Premium by following this 'Manage Your Peacock Subscription on Xfinity' article: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/peacock-manage-subscription?

If you sign up for Peacock through your Xfinity X1 or Xfinity Flex TV Box, you’ll be billed by Xfinity, and you can manage your Peacock subscription plan through your TV Box. This includes viewing, upgrading, downgrading or canceling your subscription.

If you signed up for Peacock directly with Peacock, you’ll be billed by Peacock and can use your existing credentials to log in on X1 or Flex. However, you’ll need to visit peacocktv.com to manage your subscription.

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

@XfinityAnthonyT  - to your last point here - 

You are correct if you do not take the Promo for 1Gig customers. Which is what we are focused on here. What you describe is NOT doing the promo.

When taking the promo Xfinity essentially locks your Peacock billing to Xfinity platform - so no way to upgrade to full Ad-Free and NO WAY to cancel. 

Your first sentence above and any article or site is all focused on your "sign up for Peacock through your X1 or Flex Box" so they do not apply to us or help us.

Can you see my last post below about submitting a customer sat ticket, can you take what I posted and send that internally to any complaint / issue team or group? 

Can you help escalate this issue? that would truly help us. 

Thank you! 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

8 months ago

All - I just submitted a "Ask Tom" support ticket, you can use this link below. I will look for other "Customer Satisfaction" feedback / ticket / contact forms that we can use. 

I am not going to just give up, they really need to give us our accounts back. 

Send Tom Feedback - Xfinity Support - Comcast Corporation

You can copy and paste my verbiage and tweak however you want (if easier)

You have a promo for 1Gig plan customers, "Free Peacock". OR you can move your Peacock plan over. 
Sounds great at the surface but once moved over these things become evident: 

1. You do not offer the totally Ad free option, which a lot of people want or were using (like myself)
2. You do not offer any way to cancel Peacock with Xfinity and move it back over to Peacock. 
3. Along with #2, no one at your company TRULY knows if it is possible or how to do it. I spent HOURS on phone, chat and in the store. Finally figured out that via web anywhere or with my Flex box could I cancel my plan to take it back.
4. These Peacock accounts are now held HOSTAGE by Xfinity, and me along with a lot of customers - want them BACK. 
5. See this forum where we are all discussing the topic.

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/customer-service/need-to-remove-free-peacock-premium-plan-from-xfinity-please-help/64d92039e228f948d8d529f3?commentId=652316e0f8fcd3407e3c532f

PLEASE fix this, let us cancel and take our Peacock accounts back, this has been the worst experience I have ever had with Xfinity, and I have been a customer for 25+ years - since "Excite@Home" internet.

Thank you - and please move on this fast, we have been dealing with this for months not days or weeks. 

Official Employee

• 

550 Messages

Hey there, @djtron! I am very sorry this has been the experience you have had with us, it certainly is not what we want for our customers. We would be happy to look into everything fully with you to ensure that we get the information to the proper teams. Can you please send us a DM?

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Press Enter to send it

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Hi, thank you, I am not sure where to sign in for this? any particular URL? 

Thanks for the help

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

Also - I did hear back from someone after posting to "Ask Tom" 

Laica B.
The Office of Tom Karinshak​​​​​​​​

The message was similiar to those here in the forum, not applying to those who used an existing Peacock account, I did reply to Laica and explained, and pointed her to this forum.

Will update everyone if that seems to go somewhere "fruitful" 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

You would follow the steps provided above through the Forums page. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

8 months ago

Same boat.  I've called Xfinity twice.  Chatted with a live agent.  Chatted with Peacock.  Back to Xfinity with another live chat.  Nothing seems to help.  It seems I'm going to have to create a new Peacock account...

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@SkepticGamer Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We are very sorry that you are still not able to take advantage of the Peacock Premium offer. Please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address so that we can assist you further. Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

We look forward to hearing from you.

3 Messages

8 months ago

Sadly, I'm in the same boat now.  I spoke at length with their escalation team, got an escalation ticket number, then about two hours later, got a text that the ticket had been closed.

My peacock remains linked so it appears they just closed the ticket without any explanation, probably because there is no current means to unlink the promotion from the account.  It really shouldn't be this difficult, surely, Peacock itself has the means of removing any form of subscription from their service.  When I asked them to do so, they gave me a form blurb about being unable to remove it for privacy reasons.

Official Employee

• 

944 Messages

Hi there, @user_n4muvz ! Thank you so much for reaching out to your Digital Care team. Thank you for being so patient while you waited to connect with me. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you are experiencing with your Peacock redemption issues, I understand how frustrating this experience has been for you. Please be assured you reached the right person to assist you. Can you please DM me your first and last name, along with your full-service address so that I can assist you further.-

To send a direct message [private message]:

•   Click "Sign In" if necessary
  •   Click the "Direct Message" icon 
  •   Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  •   The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
  •   - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
  •   - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  •   Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  •   Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

@XfinityRichard​ This appears to be a form response that has not yielded positive results to any of the dozen people in the thread above.  Can you please let me know why you will be different?

Official Employee

• 

710 Messages

@usee_aa0034

I can understand your concerns. At this time there is no option to downgrade your account, the best workaround for the time being would be setting up a new account under a different email address. 

3 Messages

@XfinitySheila​ I'm sure you realize this, but that's crazy.  I mean, Peacock can certainly clear out any current subscriber from any given account.  You guys just need to give them permission to do that for an "Xfinity Managed" account.

Alternatively, given how badly y'all have messed this up, you could just alter the "Xfinity Managed" accounts to include Plus level service.

Really, anything at this point would be an improvement.  Honestly, this is the worst of all situations for you guys.  You take a group of customers who you try to "reward," and make them angry with you.  <slow clap>

Official Employee

• 

710 Messages

We are aware of the inconvenience this has caused and are here to help in any way that we can. While it is not an option currently it is something that has been thoroughly noted and we are working on making the improvements needed on our end. We appreciate your feedback as you are the reason we work so hard to get things right. ❤️

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

8 months ago

OK as a final post after working with escalated Xfinity support (I spoke on the phone with someone from Corporate escalation support). 

There really is no way to do what we want, so I am throwing in the towel - but a few things to share in case someone looking for option to keep your current email / password for Peacock: 

1. Login to Peacock - change your email to something different.

Click on confirmation email that is sent.

2. Create a new Peacock account using original email you had before Xfinity hijacked your account and ruined your life

3. Create profiles you had and easiest way to copy over show / movie "progress" is to open 2 browsers side by side and search for shows and go to progress spot etc. 

Absolute worst experience in my life with Xfinity or really any tech company. To not have a way to take back your account is just lazy on their part.

Good luck out there! 

1 Message

7 months ago

Wow I really wish I had read all this first because the exact same thing is happening to me right now. I have had SO MANY issues with so many different aspects of Xfinity and I’m starting to see that it’s not worth the money I save by using this company.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Oh no! user_sg0mzz please allow us to help. Are you having the same issue with Peacock? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here