U

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Friday, May 24th, 2024 7:54 PM

Need a live technical support person regarding magicJack not working with xFi gateway. Your AI is useless!!!

I recently got an xFi gateway model XB7. My magicJack no longer works. It worked with my old personal modem/router. I've been trouble shooting and trying to get it to work for hours and days, to no avail. Anybody trying to call in gets the message that the magicJack customer is not available. I thought I had the problem fixed by changing ports and one call showed up - and then nobody could get through again. I plugged it into my laptop instead of using the power supply and connection to the xFi gateway and it works fine. However, I don't want to leave my laptop constantly running in order to get phone calls! The AI is useless - kept feeding me into circles without connecting me to a live agent. I need a technician there to help trouble shoot and get this working! The fact that it works on my laptop tells me the issue is something in the ethernet connection of magicJack/power supply combination and the xFi gateway. 

How in the world can I get to talk / chat with a live person to help instead of the AI chat. I'm at my wits end. Thank you for any help that can be given.

Expert

• 

104.3K Messages

1 month ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

1 month ago

I just recently switched over to an xFi gateway instead of using my own router on xfinity Internet. I've been using magicjack for about 15 years and been with xfinity for over 2 years. Current one is magicjack home. All of a sudden, shortly after switching to the gateway modem, people are receiving messages that the magicjack customer is unavailable. We can make calls out but calls in are not getting through. I tried a test by calling the home phone from my cell phone - while in the house - and it went through. I just happened to think, however, that my mobile phone was most likely using Internet to make the call - and - I was on the same network as my magicjack!

I heard/read somewhere that a port could possibly have been blocked by my gateway/xfinity and that's why it's not working? I have NO clue where to go from here. It's keeping annoyance calls away, but it's doing the same for necessary calls, also!

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Magicjack doesn't get incoming calls all of a sudden

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 month ago

Hello user_75dfa9, thank you for creating a detailed post and coming to our forum for support with your missing inbound calls. I can see how that would be a problem when even the calls you want to come through are being blocked, so let's work on this together. I promise I'll do all that I can to help. I do see that you sent a DM, so we can continue there, as I'll need to take a look into your account further. As a friendly reminder, please wait to send a DM until requested by an official employee. Sending unsolicited DMs are a violation or our Forum Guidelines. When you get a chance, please reply to our DM with your full name and full address. 

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ Thanks Marco. I believe that the DM you're seeing is from another problem that I had that is almost solved. I don't THINK I sent a DM on this one, and I can't see where there is any info from this problem in that DM!! I have been having a ton of problems and doing even more problem solving for the last few weeks, as you'll see from that other DM.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_75dfa9, no worries, I have your back on this and we'll get to the bottom of it. Those missed calls can be worrisome, and hopefully nothing too important has been missed. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

@XfinityMarcos​ I'm not seeing the DM that you sent me..... Only an older one that we're still working on.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here