soccerdad76's profile

New Poster

• 

20 Messages

Friday, May 24th, 2024 8:03 PM

Moving & transferring service & was DENIED equipment credit

I am a disabled Veteran and have been an Xfinity customer since 2009.  I have been paying Xfinity at least $100, at any given time, every month for the past 15 years.  That's at the very least $18,000 I've paid Xfinity.  I am selling my home and downsizing to an apartment.  I will be transferring my internet & Flext service to the new apartment.  I currently have Xfinity Home with 2 cameras, several motion detectors, a doorbell camera and the hub.  I will be discontinuing the Home service and have a small balance due on my equipment.  i will no longer need the equipment and it will stay with the house.  I put in a request for my remaining equipment balance to be credited and my request was denied!  Xfinity can't credit me a measly $300 after all of the years I've been a loyal customer through all of their price changes and different cable & internet plans.  I am going to look for another provider in my area that respects and appreciates their veterans and long-term customers!  Xfinity just lost mine, my family and all of my friends' business.  I plan on telling all of my buddies at the VFW as well!  Absolutely ridiculous!!

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

4 months ago

soccerdad76 thank you for your contributions as a Veteran and loyal member of the Xfinity family. We certainly appreciate your years of support and would not want to lose you as a customer going forward. You did mention how a request to cover the amount owed on your equipment was denied, however what we can do is look into options that may help you save money to offset the difference of that $300 amount you referenced over time. 

New Poster

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityMarcus​ Here's the rub.  As I stated, DISABLED veteran on disability.  Xfinity is going to make me pay the entire remaining balance of my equipment owed upon discontinuing the service and transfering my internet and flex to another address.  I can't afford a one-time bill in excess of $300.  Like I said before, I've paid you guys $18K through thick and thin over the course of 15 years.  Yes, I paid this as part of an agreed upon contract and said monies were paid thusly, however, I remained a loyal customer for 15 years and put up with many, many speed bumps along the course of those 15 years.  The least,  THE VERY least Xfinity could do is wipe the slate clean and credit me for the remaining amount owed for equipment I won't even be able to use.  It's not like I'm leaving.  Xfinity will still have me as a customer and continue to get MORE money out of me.  $18,000 paid vs $300 owed ... c'mon Xfinity, do the math.

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

soccerdad76 I do appreciate that additional information, and what I can do is at least take a look at the account to see what options are currently available for you. Can you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to get started?

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityMarcus​ OK, just did.  Waiting...

Official Employee

• 

881 Messages

soccerdad76 we have replied to your most recent direct message and will continue the interaction there.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

New Poster

• 

20 Messages

@XfinityMarcus​ Marcus,  I keep replying to the direct messages but all l continue to get is the standard boilerplate responses with no actual help.  

New Poster

• 

20 Messages

4 months ago

Need some additional help here.  I canceled the home service and was told that I own the equipment but would need to return the touchscreen.  I had a balance due on my equipment and had requested a credit and after being denied I had the request escalated.  I ended up speaking with someone pretty high up in the Home department and after explaining why I could not get a credit on my equipment balance, she did however explain that not only did I pay for and own the cameras, sensors and doorbell, but I also OWNED the touchscreen hub as well and would not have to return it.  I need some comfirmation on this as I did not return it and don't want to get billed for it.  Can someone advise?

Official Employee

• 

510 Messages

Good afternoon @soccerdad76. Do you recall if you purchased the touchscreen or if you rented it?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here