U

Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 9:25 PM

Lying agent about a mobile+internet deal (Dec. 2023)

Here is the transcript:

"Okay so I want to inform you that with Xfinity Mobile you will get 2 lines for $30.00 per month and you will get Unlimited data, text, calls, access to public hotspot and 5g service "
Agent (11/27/2023, 04:24:41 PM): "And you can keep using the same numbers and same phones as well "
Agent (11/27/2023, 04:24:46 PM): "Isn't that amazing ?"
Karl (11/27/2023, 04:26:03 PM): "Would that bring down the internet rate? "
Agent (11/27/2023, 04:27:13 PM): "Yes Karl, you will get $20.00 discount on your Internet bill every month as well along with this plan "
Agent (11/27/2023, 04:27:27 PM): "So would you like to grab this deal ?"
Karl (11/27/2023, 04:28:22 PM): "It is a one-year or multi-year deal?"
Agent (11/27/2023, 04:28:43 PM): "Karl, the discount you will get on Internet bill will be for next 24 months "
Karl (11/27/2023, 04:33:30 PM): "OK. "

When I want to confirm the deal again on Dec. 7th, Xfinity kind of disregards the internet part.

I have been with Xfinity for years. Do you treat customers like that?

Official Employee

• 

862 Messages

6 months ago

Thank you for reaching out to us here today @user_c285er. We do offer promotions here that include a mobile discount on your internet service. I would be happy to check on those options from here for you. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your account? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

@XfinityJohnG​ Message sent. Please take a look. Thanks.

1 Message

12 days ago

December 18, 2023 I went into an Xfinity store and all of the signs in store said there was add a mobile line for $45 and get a $45/month credit on your internet plus a $100 visa gift card after 3 months of service. I have never received either. This was a complete corporate scam. I want to know how many other people have been dealing with this. I have spent over 8 hours on the phone, wrote into corporate and visited the store with no one able to assist. This is fraud as it was all over the store being advertised. 

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

Hello @user_x2rcw7! Thanks for taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. We value you as a customer, and it's upsetting to hear about your experience with trying to get this discount and gift card concern sorted out. At this time, our options with Xfinity Mobile are limited, but my team would be more than happy to see what further support we can provide. 

I know you stated you spoke with an agent over the phone and went into the Xfinity Mobile store, what reasoning or explanation did they provide you as to why you did not receive the gift card or monthly credit? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

I was also lied about the same deal when I ported in my number to Xfinity mobile and bundled it with my Xfinity internet. This is a big scam by Xfinity and none of the representatives on call has been able to sort this. They log escalation req which get closed with no help. Only reason told is the person who set it up missed entering the promotion code but this is not my fault. 

1 Message

12 days ago

I too was lied to about the prices

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_9hlmls We certainly don't want any offers provided to you to be inaccurate, and we are happy to help in any way we can. I'll need some details to where the pricing didn't go as planned please. 

Can you send us a direct message with your full name, name of account holder (if different), and service address please?

To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon (speech bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here