U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, May 2nd, 2022 3:57 AM

Closed

lower my bill

I have had two separate chats, simply trying to change some services so I can lower my monthly bill. Both agents told me there is nothing they can do.  One agent tried to sell me a cell phone package, for some reason. My goal is change my service so my monthly bill is lower. For some reason comcast won't allow you to do that. So then I chat with the auto chat feature which offers no help, and have to type agent in several times to get a real agent. Then within a minute (both times) I am told I can't get a lower priced package, which is pretty unbelievable. I would like to believe someone there can help me, so I don't have to switch to ATT. It's more convenient to stay with what you have as they are all the same except customer service and the website experience. It seems with Comcast I have reached a dead end? Any suggestions on if there is a possibility to stay before my next bill comes due. Ratings for both companies seem the same, with ATT having better customer experience.  Thank you.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @user_926a7e

We would love for you to continue to use our services and I can definitely look into offers with you to see if we can find a lower monthly rate for your services. Please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name. The message icon is located at the top right of the Community Forum page, clicking on the message icon will allow you to initiate a chat conversation with us directly. Please ensure you are sending your message to our 'Xfinity Support' handle. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I am literally in the exact same boat! I have been an Xfinity customer for over 20 years and my bill is now topping the charts at $337 a month! The last time I called they were the exact same way with me. The Representative was rude and did not care to help me at all. I have never been treated so badly by Xfinity (Comcast) as I have been in the last few years. They took almost all my DVR storage away saying it was an error that they needed to correct after years of having the same storage and also I have limited streaming as well after years of unlimited that literally doesn't cost them a cent more.. Full disclosure I do get several movie channels and Hulu+ but I am sorry $337 a month is ridiculous. I am actively searching which alternative I can go with.  I am cutting the cord because they will not negotiate a better price for loyal existing customers.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_d47744 Thank you for reaching out today on the Xfinity Community Forums. We are happy to take a look into you account. We will give your account a review and see what options available to you. We are part of the corporate team and look forward to assisting you today. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

My elderly mother-in-law is in the very same situation. Over 300 dollars a month and when asking for a lower rate she is old there is nothing that can be done. She has been with comcast over 20 years and is on a fixed income. They told her at first they could make changes to her account, but then upon checking her account online her bill is 600 plus dollars now. She was told that they were not able to help her after all even though they gave her a new monthly price. Had we not checked online we would have never known that was a lie.

Official Employee

• 

862 Messages

@user_5ee70a I certainly understand needing to be on a plan that fits the budget, especially on a fixed income. If you are authorized to speak on your mother-in-law's account, I'd be happy to help review the services and offers available to her. If so, would you please send our team a direct message, using the steps in the post above, with your full name, the account holder's name, and the service address to get started?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here