U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, June 6th, 2023 3:09 AM

Closed

Loveland Area Outage

There's been an outage affecting all Xfinity services near Loveland, CO since 3pm. The ETA's for resolution continued to be pushed back and text message updates no longer work. Anyone have any guidance as to when we can expect services to come back up?  

As always, the Xfinity outage management process is a joke. You can self-serve updates until those break too :)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

Yeah, [Edited: "Language"]. My phone doesn't even work where I'm at either, I had to drive across town just to be able to get service. The housing development I live in, is about to move entire providers, because their service has been an absolute nightmare over the last 4 months, with outages lasting 5+ hours every other week and sometimes multiple times in the same week.

Looking for an answer too. but they keep moving the fix time back.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I’m experiencing this as well.  It is absolutely ridiculous.  We work from home, and now they are cutting into my paycheck.  I just want a viable reason and an eta.  So my boss doesn’t go nuclear on me.  But radio silence and the time gets pushed further and further back.

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

@user_a9825f​ yeah, the fact that they refuse to post updates or an ETA is unacceptable. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

When it comes to what you pay a month for service.  I think they should have give to the costumers a discount for when service goes down.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_170589​ 

You can in fact ask for credit, once the issue will be resolved. There is a 'Status Center' and you can 'check eligibility' for credit. You need to input a time period, so since we are still during the outage, you can't determine the end of the time range. The criteria seems to be that the issue was not caused by weather, power outage or maintenance. I think in our case we should be eligible. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

That should be automatic. No on should have to put in for that. Most don't even know about it.  

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_8dca38​ 

I believe this is by design...

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

We have confirmation from the Loveland subreddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/loveland/comments/1424pie/xfinity_internet_users_what_have_you_been_up_to/) that it's a pretty big area that's out. As far south as Berthoud, and Downtown, and north/northeast by Centerra. 

Just one human reply from the lowliest of maintenance workers or admin would make us feel so much better, Xfinity. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@LouisJacksmen​ I've heard two rumors. One from Pulse, that they pushed an update that broke everything.  One from a friend who got though to a person who said it would take up to 58 hours to fix. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

Last night the estimated time for a fix was 12:30am. Of course it is still out (downtown Loveland) and now the estimate is just 'as soon as possible'.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_0d5ff2​ 

"I'll keep an eye on your services and send you an update as soon as I have one."

Nothing worse than a script using first-person to make us feel like someone is actually there. Nightmare world. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@LouisJacksmen​ right!!! 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

Now we got pushed back from 11 AM to 7 PM?  Absolutely ridiculous.  And no one willing to help a bit.  But services are back a few blocks over.  Incompetence abounds.

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@user_a9825f Thank you for reaching out on the Xfinity Community Forums. We understand it is not ideal to have your services interrupted. Please know we work to get them back on as quickly as possible. Please continue to monitor through the status center at https://www.xfinity.com/support/status for updates and apply for a credit to the account once it has resolved. The information provided on the status center and the Xfinity app will be the same information agents are able to provide you. We appreciate your patience while the team works to repair services in your area. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Not ideal? This is literally making me look terrible at my job.  An interruption is maybe an hour or two.  This has now become a full blown issue and it very much seems like your entire crew is out to lunch on this.  I know the Seven Lakes neighborhood is already back online because my parents live there.  But a few blocks over takes until 7 PM to get back up? I’m sorry but interruptions happen isn’t going to cut it.  You are actively harming people’s livelihoods and you are just shrugging it off.  You didn’t have to use any kind of leave.  Obviously you are not understanding what is happening here. 

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

@user_a9825f I completely understand where you are coming from as I work from home as well. I also was recently in an interruption for 12 hours. I completely understand where you are coming from. We are working to get services restored in the entire area affected. This can sometimes take hours depending on the severity of it. This can happen from traffic accidents, accidental cut lines, interruptions can happen for a number of reasons sometimes beyond our control. The crews may not have provided updates as they are focused on working to get the services restored. I apologize this taking time to complete. Please know we are working on it, it is very important to restore services.  

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityJanelle​ I'm moving to another service.  Pulse. So are a lot of us who can't get service or a real answer. 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityJanelle​ call channel seven in Denver.  'Your [Edited: "Inflammatory"] company talked to THEM. CAN'T WAIT TO GET Pulse installed. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

this is ridiculous. pushed back again to 7PM??

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_8dca38​ Yep.  And still no reason given as to why.  No live updates.  I have to keep going to the [Edited: "Language"] outage map to even get any kind of information.  This is a complete joke.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

I had to drive into the office instead of working remotely because of this. if it's not back up until (for example) noon tomorrow, I will be working from the office tomorrow too. Probably until 5 pm. 

I will require reimbursement for the time I was unable to USE my internet.... as in, roughly 3 PM on 6/5/23 through the exact minute I walk back through my front door... NOT just the time that it was restored. The nature of my employment requires that I don't spend an hour driving home in the middle of the day.

Oh.... And I also will require reimbursement for mileage and travel time as well.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@lsquaredking​ internet is up. Just filled out the reimbursement form. The only info they want is start and end dates. 

The end result is I am getting reimbursed a grand total of $13.70.

umm, yeah, that's not even CLOSE to how much this outage has cost me and my family. I'm not gonna bend over for this.....

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

Pulse will get my business now. Lots of us are moving due to this outage. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

I contacted Channel 7 news since Xfinity doesn’t want to provide any statement as to the reason of the outage, etc. They said that they have tried contacting Xfinity and are not receiving a reply… shocking. 

I, too, work from home and my office is in Downtown Denver, so not convenient for me to go to the office. I’m sitting in a parking lot where I get 5G service on my cell phone and created a hotspot so I can work. 

I understand that there are many reasons, not always the fault of Xfinity, that service goes down but at least be transparent about what caused the issue, what is needed to fix the issue and a REAL estimate of when service will be back. If I knew I wouldn’t have service until 7pm tonight (ha… I’ll believe it when I see it), then I could have made plans last night to go to the office today. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

[Edited: "Solicitation"]

complaining does nothing, they do not care about you-

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

You might even be able to get Pulse set up and running before Xfinty fixes the issue

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@Atrddhush​ Pulse is HORRIBLE, in my opinion. I set up service with them last year and had nothing but issues and terrible customer service. I hope your experience is better. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

If you have pulse, why are you even in this forum? Also, not sure it could be worse than this

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

Just heard back from the news desk at Channel 7 and this is what Xfinity told them:

“The outage was caused by a boring company that was doing work for Century Link in the vicinity of 10th and Spartan in Berthoud, CO.The boring machine severed our fiber optic cables.  It started about 3:30 p.m. yesterday afternoon (June 5, 2023).

Our crews were quickly on site to assess and repair the damage.  Due to the extent of the damage to the conduit and the fiber, our crews worked throughout the night and service was restored for most customers by around 9:45 a.m.  Unfortunately, some customers remain without service, because our crews found damage at another location in the same area.  We understand how frustrating it is for our customers not to have access to the internet, and we are repairing the damage as quickly as possible.

Customer text notifications were sent to customers enrolled to receive outage notifications, and customers can always check their Xfinity account for status updates about the outage.”

Just a reminder to call before you dig… UGH!!! 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@user_3b4473​ why can't the [Edited: "Inflammatory"] just SAY that! [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

[Edited: "Language"]. I enrolled yesterday to get notification. Nothing but crickets for the full 24 hours.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@user_3b4473​ this is a lie. I’m at spartan and tenth in Berthood right now. I just talked to the boring company working at this site. Xfinity is nowhere to be found. They were only at this site for a brief period of time yesterday and left and never came back 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@Atrddhush​ well [Edited: "Language"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityJanelle I reached out to Coloradoan and Reporter Herald. Maybe they can persuade Xfinity to let us in on the mysterious origins of this outage. And I hope to get a month’s bill waived instead of a $5 credit. My wife and I had to take the day off. So its no normal 15 min outage.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJanelle the complaints are directed at your company, not you. I am thankful that at least you (a human) decided to engage in the conversation. Fact that even you don’t know the reason for outage screams of Xfinity trying to better their prospects by digging for fiber and messing up our network as a result. Its opaque and its not a 21st century business model.

Expert

• 

30.4K Messages

@user_5800a1​ 

Well, Xfinity didn't cause the problem.  It was Century Link.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@Again​ earlier today they blamed Pulse.

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

1 year ago

Pulse has a wifi popup set up for us at the old HP building. Free wifi!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi, @user_dba7e0. I know that many in your area have been experiencing a service interruption, and I understand it's been hard to wait for changes/updates. I totally hear you. I rely on my network daily, so I can imagine that this hasn't been easy. The Xfinity App will provide you with the best updates, so I would continue to rely on that for the current interruption. 

I understand, however, this is not the only reason you are upset with our services. I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your concerns. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

Also, thanks to @Again for bringing this to our attention. 

Visitor

• 

11 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ no. Too late. You were not available when I needed you. I'm not talking to any more robots. Why were no humans available? What weren't you forthcoming? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here