U

Tuesday, July 16th, 2024 10:36 PM

Live agent

I do not have a smart phone (only a cheapie flip phone) that has no internet connection.  Nor can I download apps, or links.  the 1-800 number saddles me with a robot woman who won't let me past even trying to get a live agent, as she quickly wants to send me a text.  That link I can download to my old Mac, which leads me to the chat mode.  Chat can be conducted, but there are serious problems in viewing the text.  Answers are multiple choice which leads to a whole now set of confusions. All I need is to have my personal WiFi name and password restored store that I am connected to WiFi and I can use my iPad.  I don't think that's a hard fix.  But I need a live person.  Some of us need that because we don't have all the modern bells and whistles.  Navigating without it leaves me helpless

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 month ago

Hi @user_nn8qec Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the modem username and password. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you. We would not be able to provide the username and password that you have set up on the gateway. If you are able to connect the iPad to a Wi-Fi network you can log into your account to view your wireless settings or download the Xfinity App in order to gain access to the information you need. If you need to restore it back to default you would need to follow the steps in this link Change Your WiFi Network Name and Password With the Admin Tool

3 Messages

@XfinityJanelle​ I had a password and user name, but it was completely dropped.  How do I get it back?  It doesn't show  up under "choose a network" on my iPad.

(edited)

8 Messages

1 month ago

If you lie and say new customer they connect you right away then have the agent transfer you. Only work around I found.

3 Messages

I'm ready to just throw in the towel and switch providers.  I don't know how people put up with Comcast blocking every way to have a live agent walk them through things.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I am sorry to hear you feel this way about our company. We are here to help you out with your Wi-Fi name and password. Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here