bigdrew99's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Sunday, September 29th, 2024 5:01 PM

Line Damage Post Helene in Sarasota Outage Map Shows No Issues

I still don't have TV or internet and https://www.xfinity.com/support/statusmap says 'Everything Looks Good' for my address.  A tree in my neighbor's yard behind me fell and took down power and damaged the orange cable line on the utility pole.  There is an orange line severed just dangling.  Power was restored on Friday evening.  However, my cable box has a 'CAST' message and my cable modem status light for downstream is blinking looking for a downstream channel.  I'm pretty sure no signal is reaching my house.

How do I get someone out here to take a look?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

2 hours ago

Hey @bigdrew99, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity drop cable after the recent weather event that has taken place. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Do you have the Xfinity App loaded on your mobile device? Could you please log in to the Xfinity App to see if there is any notification for a service interruption? If there is an active service interruption, we will be unable to schedule a service technician to restore services. We will need to wait for the conclusion of the service interruption before we can take any action towards the account. 

If there is no active service interruption, you can use the Xfinity Assistant built into the Xfinity App to troubleshoot the services and schedule a technician all from the palm of your hand. This will be quite easy and you can view available time slots and pick an appointment that works within your schedule.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

@XfinityDemitrius​ 

I logged into the Xfinity App first to look for any notifications and there is none for a service interruption.  I went through the usual troubleshooting steps which didn't work of course and then walked out back to the utility pole and saw the severed orange cable line.  Will the link to schedule an appointment include the person that works on the utility poles?  This is beyond the capability of someone that does normal in home service calls.

Official Employee

• 

814 Messages

bigdrew99 Thats a great question, our technician are able to run a new line to your home and if for some reason special equipment is needed that they do not have available on their truck they are able to open any applicable follow up tickets to get you back online ASAP. If you need assistance scheuling your appointment please send us a DM so we can help. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here