U

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, October 6th, 2022 3:55 PM

Closed

Issues with ACP Recertification !

I got an email in August to reverify my ACP to continue my benefits. I reverified and got a new confirmation number via Verifier and did the application I with customer care agent. I thought everything was fine until I got an email from Xfinity telling me I didn’t reverify  to continue my benefit which I DID.  I applied with that reverification number again on Sept 28th via the Xfinity ACP application and have not heard back from Xfinity. It says in the email  after I did the application that it takes 48 hours  and I applied on Sept 28th!  Then I contacted customer care and did  again through a link they sent. What is going on?  It says I am approved through the Verifier website. This so strange. 

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

2 years ago

Hi there @user_c3da98! Thank you so much for reaching out to us here via Forums. I hope your day is treating you well. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your ACP Benefits.I know many of our customers count on that monthly discount to help with their finances. 

I would need to refer you to our Internet Essentials Department at 855-846-8376. They are equipped to handle ACP accounts and questions and will be the best place for you to get answers. If you have any other account related issues aside from the ACP benefit, please send us a DM so we can help.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinitySelena​  Internet Essentials can't help me. I called them. 

Official Employee

• 

847 Messages

@user_c3da98  I'm sorry to hear on your troubles with re-certifying. I understand you have gone through the National Verifier. There are two steps in this application process. The second step is going to our website at  to complete Xfinity ACP enrollment application and give your consent. You must log in with your Xfinity username at ( https://comca.st/3rzwrbN). Have you had the opportunity to complete this step as well?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I did that and I am still getting emails from Xfinity that I have not verified when I did multiple times. 

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Thanks for those additional details. When you spoke with our Internet Essentials Team did they provide you with any information or clarify why they could not assist? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I am also having troubles. ACP is not recertification friendly and Comcast doesn't do much to help. I just canceled my service and forget internet. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

2 years ago

I've tried multiple times over the last 3 months to have my ACP approved application ID processed by Xfinity, with no luck at all. I've contacted ACP and was told that Xfinity had not processed my application ID number to continue to receive the ACP benefit of $30.00. They told me to contact again with my qualified Application ID number. I have done that via many many call centers and of course many many agents. I found out on your site at some point over the last 3 months, that my application had been terminated, then found out that it was transferred. I ONLY have Internet, I do not and never have I ever had it for the mobile phone credit. I'm told by your BILLING Dept. that I am getting my credit next month because I have been approved, I don't know who or what or how to proceed. I am currently waiting the 48 hours (for the 8 or 9th time). Any help to figure out what Xfinity has done to my approved application ID would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@delbearboy​ My application finally went through after doing the Xfinity ACP application 20 times or more.  The ACP application information must match 100% with what is listed on the Verifier- it can't be off not even by a little bit.  I realized that the email that was automatically placed on the Xfinity ACP application was different from the one that was on my recertification account after speaking to the 25th customer service rep. I believe I recertified early ( because the Verifier told me to) and the Verifier made me create a whole new account with a different email - I thought it was strange but went with it. My original account with the Verifier had the same email as the one on my Xfinity account thus the reason my ACP credit was working. However, because I use another email to recertify with Verifer, I believe it wasn't matching. So I change my email via my Xfinity account to the one that I listed in the Verifier so it could match. Not one agent ever mention that information has to match exactly nor did I get an email from Xfinity explaining why my 20-plus applications didn't go through. I would put in application after application and not hear back from Xfinity via email about the status of it. 

The issue is the Xfinity agents are lacking knowledge about the ACP.  When I would explain my issue-  many would act like they didn't believe it. When I called MANY times they could not tell me if my Xfinity application was accepted or denied.  Add on I was continuing to get emails from Xfinity to recertify my benefits which I was trying to do.  At the beginning of the year when ACP was rolled out, I would get emails stating my application had an error in it- not this time- instead, the system must be deleting them if there is an error of some sort.  It brings a lot of headaches and unnecessary anguish to customers. 

Problem Solver

• 

577 Messages

@user_c3da98 Hello and good morning, and thank you for reaching out over our Xfinity Community Forums. I am so sorry to hear about the negative experience you had just trying to sign up for the Affordable Connectivity Plan discount for your Xfinity services. This is of course never the experience we want for you, or any other loyal, valued member of our Xfinity family. I am glad however to hear that you were finally able to get your ACP discount applied to your Xfinity account and bill successfully, that is a relief. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do to help. We are here 24/7 and more than happy to help a valued member of our Xfinity family in any way we can! -Christopher

(edited)

I no longer work for Comcast. 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

What got so frustrating is when I noticed that I needed to change my email after 20 plus customer service agents, Xfinity unenrolled me. I change my email to match and redid the application and the next day it accepted it. I got the credit to the account even though it already created my bill which was nice. But the whole experience is horrible and some of the customer service representatives lack knowledge with assistance to the point some were gaslighting me and discrediting what I was saying to them.

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

@user_c3da98, This is never the experience we want for our customers, and we can't apologize enough for any inconvenience or frustration we caused you throughout that process. Please be sure to reach out to us for any future issues or concerns, we're always here to support you.  

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issues with Xfinity. I just had to reapply my eligible ACP credit through Xfinity because Xfinity unenrolled me after I had already recertified through the ACP website. I even called both ACP, and Xfinity weeks ago to confirm my recertification went through. Both Xfinity & ACP said it went through, but I continued to receive those emails begging me to recertify. Until eventually (today) Xfinity announced that I was unenrolled from the program with no explanation. Screw you Xfinity! 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hi, @RadioFreeRO. I would be glad to review your account, so I can provide more insight. I ask that you reach out privately, so we can cover the details of your account. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner on your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can search for "Xfinity Support" to compose your direct message. Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityVianney​ I already talked to customer support about this. You clearly do not read the posts you are commenting on. Otherwise you would have taken the time to notice how I already said I had in my post you commented on. 🤦‍♂️

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

YEAH THIS ACP RECERTIFY PROCESS [Edited: "Language"]! I BEEN TRYING FOR 3 MONTHS NOW

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

If you have been de-enrolled from ACP, you can qualify again at the Xfinity ACP website: https://www.xfinity.com/learn/internet-service/acp. All customers with ACP credits are required to go through an annual recertification process. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please contact the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) at 877-384-2575 or by email ACPSupport@usac.gov.  

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here