U

Wednesday, July 10th, 2024 8:02 PM

Is XFinity email gone?

I was asked to provide an ISP email address, so I started looking for my Xfinity email. There doesn't appear to be any.

The web page says that the ability to add new email accounts was ended on June 3 of this year. Does that mean the master account also went away?

There was reference to moving existing XFinity email to the Comcast name (really?), but Comcast email is completely gone and no longer even a valid web site.

The assistant is useless as usual. Could someone tell me where the email portal is, or if it is genuinely gone?

Official Employee

• 

966 Messages

3 months ago

Hi there, @user_uwc1ii! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum! Directions on how to access email are located here : https://es.xfinity.com/support/articles/stay-connected-with-email

The quickest way to get to the portal is this direct link : https://connect.xfinity.com/

Let us know if you have any additional questions! 

3 Messages

That forwards me to 

https://www.xfinity.com/hub?cid=cust

That page has a popup: 

-----

Looking for email?

You can now check your Comcast email by selecting your account icon in the navigation menu or using this link.

-----

Doing either of those things only takes me to the link you gave, which just forwards me back to the hub page. It's an endless loop.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thank you for letting us know what you are seeing exactly. I double checked the links and they are working, user_uwc1ii. The first one goes to our help page that shows you how to access your email box and also has the direct link to sign in with your email. The second link is for our Xfinity Connect email page. 

With the step you saw along the way: You can now check your Comcast email by selecting your account icon in the navigation menu or using this link. I clicked that link and it is the Xfinity Connect email login page. I logged in and was able to view my email box. 

I know you said you get redirected to the Xfinity Hub. Does the login page come up at all, are you already signed into the Xfinity website when clicking the link, or you click that link and it goes straight to the Xfinity Hub? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

26K Messages

3 months ago

The employee's link is an odd English/Spanish hybrid page. The English page is at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/stay-connected-with-email.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/account-email-information says customers will not be able to create new email addresses, but existing ones should continue to work (so far):

If you have an existing Xfinity Email account, you can continue to access and use your existing Xfinity Email account as you do today ...

Although if you don't use it often enough, it goes away. See https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-activity.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

3 Messages

I've visited that page several times already. Trying to check my email in the drop-down from the icon just sends me back to that same page.

I have never used my Xfinity email. I'm trying to set it up for the first time, at someone else's request. Is that why I'm being sent in an endless loop -- no account? Is a new email account (even a master) not possible since the change in June?

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

I understand fully now and appreciate the additional information, user_uwc1ii! Yes, it is no longer possible to create new email accounts since the change in June. You can login to an existing email account still if you created one before that date.

Where are you needing a provider email address such as for the ESPN+ app? We are glad to help how we can to help further to see if we can get around that email request. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

17 days ago

I'm having this same problem with my account that was created long before the deadline but it just sends me to the page (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/account-email-information) explaining that you wont be able to make new comcast emails

i have a lot of Xbox game saves and data on an account with this email but i cant login because it asks for the code that it sent to my comcast email that i cant access.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

user_0g92u6 I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing a similar issue. Are you accessing the Xfinity Website to access the email? Or a different third-party email client (Outlook, AppleMail)? 

4 Messages

i am using the Xfinity website but i haven't tried outlook or apple mail, i will try those

4 Messages

neither worked, outlook asked me for a code that was emailed to my account when i tried to sign in and apple mail just wouldn't let me get past putting in my email and password (i have never used outlook or apple mail before0

4 Messages

Ill be back tomorrow at 6 to continue this

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

I will need to check on your account from here, wooggley.  It sounds like there are no password reset options set up for your email box (personal email address or cell number) since the password reset is going to the Comcast email box. I can check for that and get you in touch with the Customer Security Assurance team if that is the case. If not, we will go from there to find a resolution for you! 

At your convenience, please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here